Sunday, May 8, 2011

10 Mommy Melters

Since today is Mother's Day I've been thinking about all the cute little things Boston does. The little things that make me melt. The little things that make up for the poop streaks down the door, and temper tantrums galor! 



Besides this cute smile, and those bright blue eyes, I wanted to write down 10 things this kid does that  can melt any stress or frustration away in an instant.  

1. When I lay him down for bed and he blows me a kiss and says, "Night night mama. I love you"


2. When he sings "I am a Child of God," especially while I'm singing it to him for his bed time song.

3. When I get home from running and he greets me with an enthusiastic, "GOOD JOB MAMA!"  

4. When he says his prayers.

5. When I take him on the Abby ride at Sea World and he squeals with joy, and looks so happy he might explode. I love, love, love that image in my mind. It's stuck like glue.

On the Abby ride pre happy explosion. Wish I could capture his laugh and smile during the ride on film!
6. When I sneeze and he says, "Bless you mama!" in the sweetest voice. 

7. When he says "HI!" and "DAYNK DU!" (thank you) to strangers. Especially when he repeats it to gruff looking guys until they say something back. 

8. When he cuddles with me. 



9. How he takes care of his stuffed animals and feeds them, kisses them, and asks them if they want to eat cheese sticks with him for breakfast. (This kid will eat cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not my first choice for his breakfast, but I pick and choose my battles by the day.) 

10. When he helps me with chores around the house like unloading the dishwasher, and getting the laundry out of the dryer. I love how he beams with pride because he's helping mommy. 


11. OK, I cheated and did 11. When he comes up to me out of nowhere and gives me a hug or a kiss.




Thanks for giving me a reason to celebrate today! I love you Boston!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a sweet post. :) Happy Mothers Day!

Reeve family said...

Cute post!