I managed to keep my mouth shut, didn't even let out one little hint until he walked down the stairs of our apartment complex and saw this bike sitting there for him.
Happy (early) Father's Day to an amazing father!
I had been shopping around for a bike for him for awhile and figured I might as well get one in time for us to enjoy them over Memorial Day weekend.
I almost wimped out and told him because I was nervous to make a purchase like this without his opinion on which bike to choose, and how much to spend. However, I trusted my judgement, took the leap, and was relieved that he liked it! It was so much more fun as a surprise, so I'm glad I was able to keep my mouth shut long enough for once.
I've had this bike since I was 18, but it's been collecting dust and dirt on our porch for the past year. It hadn't been ridden in years, so I brought it in to the Dicks Sporting Goods right by our house for a tune up, and to get the baby seat installed. Boston's a big fan. It's a fun change from the jogging stroller! I can't wait to take him for early morning rides! Running just took a back seat for awhile!
I was really nervous for my first test ride with my baby on the back. I felt a huge sense of responsibility! I get all wobbly if he wiggles too much, but other than that, it was easier than I thought to ride with him. Much easier than the time I tried to be the head biker on a tandem bike with Scott. That was a disaster. I guess it helps that Boston's 4 times smaller than Scott though.
Tonight was the first of many family bike rides! It was so fun! Why didn't we do this sooner?
Tomorrow morning we are headed out to Austin for a family bike ride, and them some lunch at one of the best restaurants in the world, Hula Hut! We can't wait!!





4 comments:
Glad Scott loves his bike! Good job keeping it a surprise!
Awesome surprise! Looks like Scott and Russ are both new bike-owners! Now we just need to get me a bike so we can go on those fun family bikerides you talked about! Hope you had fun in Austin!
Looks like a fantastic bike! Boston is going to love the bike rides. Enjoy Austin and the Hula Hut for us too!
What a great present! We got some bikes last month, and I just got the chance to ride it. I'm also a little nervous to ride with my kids in the back, but at least it will be a trailer.
Post a Comment