Monday, May 16, 2011

Father-Son Campout

Boston got to go on his first father-son campout a few weekends ago! 

We knew he would love it since his top favorite activities right now include collecting sticks, rocks, and getting as dirty as possible. 

They don't make sticks that big at the park! I think he was impressed by this find. 

 100% boy. 

See if you can find a picture on here where Boston doesn't have a stick in his hand. Ha ha. I guess that means he had a blast. 

I was excited for the boys to get some bonding time, and I took advantage of that opportunity to get some girl time! I got together with a few girls, and we had fun night doing what girls do best. It was a perfect night for laying by the pool, eating out, and shopping. 

Just when Boston thought this camping trip couldn't get any better, dad let him drive. 

 When I was going to bed the night Boston and Scott were camping, it hit me like a ton of bricks that I'd never been away from both of them at the same time (overnight) before. I started doing the other thing that girls do best. I got my thoughts all worked up with worries and anxiety. That wasn't fun at all, but I'm so glad they had fun and stayed safe! 

I talked to Boston and Scott on the phone before they went to bed, and I could tell they were having the time of their lives. It was so fun to talk to them and hear how much fun they were having together. Scott told me about the river they went to, and I think part of the reason I got so worried later that night was because I was picturing the rivers like they have in the Utah mountains. I didn't realize it was a six inch static river! I forgot, we live in Texas now. Ice cold rivers blazing down the mountains at high velocity speed don't exist here. Wish I would have figured that out before bedtime. 

This is why it's a father-son camp out. Mom would never let me have this much fun! 

Here's a little video of the campout! 

2 comments:

KILEY said...

How cute! I am excited for Tyler and our little boy to do things like that together. That picture of him looking at the huge stick he found is the best!

Jaylynn said...

The campout looks so fun! Boston is so cute!!!