This year our Thanksgiving break was spent bouncing back and forth between my parent's house and Scott's parent's house for four fun days. We had Thanksgiving dinner at a church with Scott's family, and then we went to my parent's house for dessert. Actually, now that I think about it, we ate dessert at both places. Lucky us. Just one of the many perks of being married to someone who grew up ten minutes away from you.
This was my first year that I wasn't counting down the days until Thanksgiving break so I could have a break from work, school, and homework, so I wasn't sure exactly how this Thanksgiving break would feel. Would it even feel like a break? I'm so used to feeling stressed and worn out right before Thanksgiving break, and I actually like that feeling. The feeling of being pushed until you don't think you can take it anymore, and then... ahhhhh you just get to relax. I was kind of missing that feeling this year, but then I discovered that Thanksgiving break really did feel like a break! I got to go running every morning without Boston, I got to shower and get ready all in one shabang without stopping to take care of Boston, there were always people and kids around that wanted to help play with Boston and chase him around for me, Scott and I got to go to the movies without Boston (Blindside. My new favorite movie. I really loved it a lot.), we also go to go out to dinner without Boston, I got to practice the piano on a real piano whenever I wanted and not just at nap time, and my mom fed him for me quite a few times! I was happy that Thanksgiving break still felt like a break even though I don't work or go to school anymore! A change of pace from the same old daily routines is always fun. I was really not in the mood to get back in to the daily swing of things Monday!
Here are some pictures from the weekend:
This was my first year that I wasn't counting down the days until Thanksgiving break so I could have a break from work, school, and homework, so I wasn't sure exactly how this Thanksgiving break would feel. Would it even feel like a break? I'm so used to feeling stressed and worn out right before Thanksgiving break, and I actually like that feeling. The feeling of being pushed until you don't think you can take it anymore, and then... ahhhhh you just get to relax. I was kind of missing that feeling this year, but then I discovered that Thanksgiving break really did feel like a break! I got to go running every morning without Boston, I got to shower and get ready all in one shabang without stopping to take care of Boston, there were always people and kids around that wanted to help play with Boston and chase him around for me, Scott and I got to go to the movies without Boston (Blindside. My new favorite movie. I really loved it a lot.), we also go to go out to dinner without Boston, I got to practice the piano on a real piano whenever I wanted and not just at nap time, and my mom fed him for me quite a few times! I was happy that Thanksgiving break still felt like a break even though I don't work or go to school anymore! A change of pace from the same old daily routines is always fun. I was really not in the mood to get back in to the daily swing of things Monday!
Here are some pictures from the weekend:
No comments:
Post a Comment