Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just a Boring Journal Post

I'm blogging because I don't really want to clean anymore even though I should, and Boston is taking a nap. I want to be better at writing more journal type blogs and not just pictures because ever since I started my blog I have written in my journal maybe twice. My blog has replaced, or should I say overtaken my journal, especially since I'm going to publish it every year. It's almost time to publish my blog for this year, and I'm a little worried because it's going to be A LOT bigger than the book I made last year. That means it's going to cost more, and take a lot longer to format for printing. It should be a cute book though full of fun memories of Boston!

I just cleaned the bathtub which is probably one of the worst and most tiring chores there is. It hurts my knees and my back. Speaking of knees, there is something wrong with my left knee, and I have no idea what. I'm going to try to go to the physical therapist tomorrow. My knee has been bothering me for awhile, a long while. I could still run, so I just ignored it. Now I am having a hard time ignoring it. It is swollen, and really stiff feeling. It doesn't really hurt though. It just feels weird, but the swelling means that something is probably wrong. I still can run, but I've been trying to cut back a lot and do other things like the elliptical.

I just got a month gym pass to Orem Sports Center and I really like it. I have been having fun trying new classes there. So far I have tried sculpting, spinning, pilates, and about five minutes of a yoga class. That was all I could handle of yoga. I think it's weird and BORING. I know it supposed to be really good for you, so maybe someday I'll learn to like it, but probably not until I'm old. I really liked all the other classes though! Plain old running was getting a little boring, so a change has been fun. I signed up for the Ogden marathon in May, so I'll be back to plain old running in a month or so, but that's ok with me because I still love running. I just need a little variety for awhile. Boston has already established a reputation for himself at the gym as the happy baby. There is a track in the basement and whenever we run there Boston is usually singing or laughing, and he gives people a big huge smile when we run by. He loves people.

I was bummed that I got kicked out of the weight room today for having Boston in there in his stroller. They said it was a safety issue. I can understand if he wasn't buckled down in his stroller, but he's not going anywhere, and I'm not going to lift weights right over his head or anything. I wonder how long it will take for me to get kicked out of the classes. The instructors are really nice and they always let me have Boston in there, but I don't think the officials, or whoever kicked me out of the weight room would go for it if she knew I was doing that. I just put his stroller against the wall and stand in the back. In between exercises I usually have to hop up and give him a snack or a toy, but it works and I get my workout in, most of it anyway. I don't want to take him to the day care there. Maybe if he was at least two, but not while he's still a baby. Especially because he keeps getting sick even without going to a day care! He has been on antibiotics off and on since October! He had H1N1, then croup and and ear infection, and now bronchitis! I hate the antibiotics. They give him diarrhea and a really sore looking diaper rash. Hopefully this is his last sickness for the next two years! I think he's had his fair share now! Although I am glad he still acts like his happy self most of the time, so other than coughing and a runny nose, I almost don't notice he's sick.

On to some more updates, Scott got second place last night in his soccer intramural championship. They should have won, but they gave away a few goals really early in the game. They were down 3-0 not too long after the game started and I thought, "Well lame. The game is already over." But they made a comeback in the 2nd half and brought the score to 2-3. They were playing really well, not to mention they had zero subs and the other team had FIVE subs. I really thought they were going to at least tie it up because they had so many close shots that were almost goals. I was going to be utterly amazed if they won after being down 3-0 in the first few minutes of the game, and I really thought they were going to pull it off, but they ended up taking 2nd place. The story of Scott's entire intramural sports career at BYU. I can't tell you how many times his football, basketball, and soccer teams have gotten 2nd or 3rd place! That's still really good, but one of these times he needs to take home a championship t-shirt! Especially because he is graduating next semester. This last season of basketball is his last shot!

Scott is insanely busy trying to finish up this last week of school for the semester. He's definitely burned out. I feel kind of bad for him, especially since I don't even have half the stress he does right now, but there's nothing that I can really do to help him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me to write his papers for him. I don't speak tech-y business-y language. I feel so lucky that I get to stay home and hang out with Boston all day. He's pretty dang cute and fun. It's way more fun than going to work and school, that's for sure.

It will be so nice when Scott's done with this semester next Wednesday! Less than a week! The good thing about Scott being so busy is that I've been practicing the piano a lot at night after Boston goes to bed. I am starting to learn the hymns now which is weird to me. It kind of felt like learning to play the hymns was going to be a goal that I was always slowly working towards, but it would be a long, long time before I ever got there. I still have to practice the hymns many, many times before I can actually play the song, but I'm excited that I can at least start learning them now without getting too frustrated or overwhelmed by them. I love Christmas music, so I have loved learning a few Christmas hymns to play.

Another thing going on with us right now is the waiting/wondering game about where we will live and work when Scott graduates. He has two offers right now and we are just waiting to hear from one more company. It's driving me a little crazy waiting to hear from them. We both just want to know already! It's definitely going to be the hardest decision of our lives! It's scary to think that we are not going to live in Utah anymore! Both of our families are here, and a lot of friends, and it's all we've ever known our 20+ years of our lives! Hopefully it will be a fun adventure though. It's between Missouri, Texas, and Arizona. I'm not too excited about the extreme heat and humidity we have coming our way, but I don't think I'll miss the snow too much. I was just wondering the other day what's worse: 3 months of extreme cold and snow, or three months of extreme heat? What do you think? If anyone even read this far. I know it's been a long rambling post with no pictures.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Andi, I have been in your shoes. It is such a scary and exciting time. You are just like me...all I ever knew was UTAH. Just be prepared to cry a lot, it's normal...and then you'll adjust to your new surroundings and life. I hope you guys find peace with your decision. I'm so excited for you. You can talk to me if you ever need to!! I still have my moments of sadness, but overall it's good to experience something new. You guys will do great!

Anonymous said...

ANDREA!! I totally miss you. I need you to motivate me to go running again. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Heidi F said...

I enjoy reading your blog posts, Andrea. Thanks for sharing your feelings. I know that good things will happen for you and Scott. The Lord will lead you by the hand and open up new opportunities no matter where you go. We will miss you being close, but we will come visit, k? Ü

Crystal said...

first - how do you publish your blog? Also, moving away isn't as bad as I thought - well it's hard to make friends, but Boston is old enough that you can do play groups with other kids and get to know people fast - but i'm so grateful for cell phones and the internet!