But look how much he's grown!!!
His head and shoulders are now taking up almost the same amount of room that his entire body was in the above picture! I can't believe it!
I took him to the doctor Monday morning. I'm not so sure I like Boston's pediatrician. Does anyone have a pediatrician in Orem that they love, or know of a really good one? I think I might want to switch. I feel like he hastily looks at Boston, names an illness, and writes me a prescription for antibiotics. This time he told me Boston has a sinus infection and that's why he keeps getting sick a few days after he stops taking his antibiotics. He said sinus infections take 20 days of antibiotics, and not just 10 like most other illnesses. If that's true, it would have been nice to know that two bottles of antibiotics ago. So here we go again. Not just 10, but 20 more days of forcing medicine down Boston's throat, diarrhea, and diaper rash. Wonderful news.
The doctor also did a strep test because he said Boston had some puss in his throat, but the strep test came back negative. I asked, "If he has a sinus infection, then what's the puss in his throat?" He replied, "Well, it actually could have just been milk curd." OK.....Would it be too much to ask for you to look closely enough at my baby to determine the difference between puss or milk curd in his throat? Sheesh. (I know I'm probably just bitter because Boston keeps getting sick, so I'm blaming the doctor because I need to take my frustrations out on someone.)
And can I just say how incredibly sick I am of giving Boston antibiotics? Antibiotics means diarrhea which means LOTS of extra laundry. Blah. I'm sick of it. We have been on one medicine after the next since the middle of October. That's hard on a poor little baby's body. I really don't want to keep giving them to him, but what else am I supposed to do?
To end on a good note, Boston seems to be feeling much better today. He's getting his normal appetite back and wanting to play more.
3 comments:
Poor Boston!! I really like our pediatrician. His office is actually in Provo but it's worth it for me. Jacks never been sick so I've only seen the dr during his well visits but he always seems to take enoughtime and make sure we thoroughly understand everything and don't have any questions. The only bad thing is smetimes the waittime is forever because he will take time with his patients. His name is dr. Lauret. 801-373-8930.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Boston is still sick and having to take the dreaded medicine again. That is not fun for you or him. Yeah, it sounds like a new pediatrician might be worth trying out. I wonder how much having the swine flu has compromised his system so that he catches everything around? Bless his heart. Give him a hug and kiss for me!
Andrea, you are so cute. Your posts make me laugh. But it's not funny that Boston is sick again and now has 20 days of misery! I am so sorry. Definitely find a new doctor... there are tons around I am sure. I love the pix. He is so dang cute.
Post a Comment