I'm sad that Christmas is going to be here so soon because then it will be over! It comes too fast! I'm excited that next year neither of us will be in school and busy taking finals half the month of December. I think that will make the Christmas season feel longer. Maybe. Probably not though because it's never long enough. But I guess that's what makes it so exciting when it comes back the next year.

Here is a super easy Christmas treat idea that I stole from my sis-in-law. All you have to do is melt some chocolate chips, spread them over pretzels, and put some holiday colored sprinkles on. I ate way too many of these while I was making them. Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite treats, especially the white chocolate ones. Yum.

I made some treat bags for my cousins with all those pretzels.

This was at Scott's work party. They had a contest to see who could make the coolest tower out of the food donations that everyone at the table brought. This was our table's tower, but we obviously didn't win.

This is the baby of one of Scott's coworkers. We had to take a picture of her because she fell asleep looking like an angel. Look how she's holding her hands! It was so precious!

That's me outside the building where Scott's work party was. I'm holding the quesadilla maker that we won from the raffle.

We had a delicious dinner and a fun night out with just us. Our friends watched Boston for us, and he had a blast playing with their little boy. She showed me a little video of them playing together when we went to pick him up, and it was so cute! They were laughing their heads off together.
The rest of the pictures are from our family Christmas party.

Just gathering around to start going through the delicious buffet line.

Here's a picture of some of the yummy food. It tasted even better because we hadn't eaten since breakfast, so we were STARVING.

Kristen, and Michael.

That's me holding naked Boston because he had a fever and was burning hot. My poor baby :( I'm so sad he keeps getting sick :(

Cousins visiting from Hawaii! They flew in that morning. Aysia, Liana, and Ellice. Aysia and Ellice both go to BYU Hawaii, but Liana still lives in Utah going to high school.

Aunt Karla playing her favorite game of all time, Rock Band. It's the thing to do when we are at Karla's house now.

My dad and Scott dueling it out in a game of ping-pong. It's the other thing to do when we are at Karla's house.

Ethan making a fishy face.

That sweater Ethan is wearing used to be MINE. Weird. Yep, it has a dinosaur on it. I liked dinosaurs when I was little. I also liked the Ninja Turtles. I remember having Ninja Turtle underwear and being embarrassed when one of my girlie friends saw it and said, "Why do you have Ninja Turtle underwear?" I was kind of a tom boy.

Poor sick baby with Grandma Billings. He just realized his mom is not holding him. I passed him to my mom facing backwards so he wouldn't notice I wasn't holding him because I had been holding him the entire night and my arms were so tired. He definitely wants to be held by his mom and only his mom when he is sick. I don't mind though because that's the only time he'll cuddle with me.

Karla's friend John showing us how to make some awesome snowflakes. He's got serious snowflake making skills.

See those cool looking snowflakes? John made those. See the not so cool looking snowflakes in the back? We made those. We aren't quite as good as John yet.

Sweet baby Alex. He's a cuddly baby all the time even when he's not sick. It's funny how different he and Boston are. Alex is so calm, and Boston is so not calm.

Soaking in the cuddle time with Boston. If he was feeling well he'd be crawling all over the house, smiling, laughing, and getting in to everything he could find. Healthy Boston is such a stark difference from sick Boston. It doesn't take me long at all to notice when he's sick. If he holds still for more than 2.5 seconds, I know he's sick.

Dannia wearing my aunt Karla's sweet hat and wig she bought for Halloween. She dressed up as Slash.

Scott just lookin good and chillin.

Singing Christmas carols.

Pretty Christmas tree. We don't have one this year, but we have something better instead (Boston).

Karla and her friend John.

Uncle Spencer, Dexter, and my dad singing carols.

Kristen playing the carols for us.

Look at Scott's cute face. ha ha.
I love Christmas for all the stuff you get to do during the month of December way more than the actual Christmas day! I love all the family traditions, Christmas music, parties, dinners, treats, Christmas movies, Temple Square, Christmas plays, Christmas stories, and all the other stuff that December brings. Just one more week to enjoy it all! Let's see how much we can cram in!
2 comments:
You guys are always doing fun stuff!! I am totally cracking up about your dinosaurs and ninja turtles too. That is hilarious!!!!!! You're so FUNNY!!
That was a fun post seeing all the pictures from you Christmas party. You guys know how to have a party. Gotta love Christmas!
Post a Comment