Sunday, December 20, 2009

Few Things Better Than Sleep

And one of them is holding my sick, sweet, precious baby at 5:00 in the morning. I'm not sure who hurts worse when a baby doesn't feel good. The mom or the baby? I think it's the mom though, and I'm hoping it's the mom because my heart hurts for my little guy. I don't know why he keeps getting sick. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. Am I not careful enough with keeping him away from germs? Whenever he gets sick I always look back at all the things we've recently done like when I let him crawl around on the floor at the mall playground, or when I let him chew on my keys, or when his bottle or binki dropped on the floor and I just picked it up and gave it back to him. I always feel like it's my fault he's sick somehow. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe we should stay home until summer comes?

Well, he's asleep now. I guess that means I can go back to bed, but I'm not sure if I want to now. I like how sweet his sleeping face looks cuddled up to me, and I like how his tiny arm is draped across my chest. Maybe I'll just sit here for a few more hours.

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

Oh, poor Boston. Anytime we're with people then we're exposed to germs. And babies pick them up the fastest. How is he feeling today? I hope he gets well soon.