Monday, December 14, 2009

Some Good, Some Bad, Some Ugly

I'll start with the ugly, and end with the good.

The Ugly: 5:30 am Boston is screaming his head off like something is terribly wrong. He actually does this every few days or so, and we are pretty sure he just has a stomach ache. He went back to sleep a little after 6:00. At 8:00 I went to get him to feed him, and while I'm feeding him I hear some hershey squirting going on down in his diaper. Yep, he had a stomach ache this morning, I thought to myself. Then I feel something wet. I look down and his pajamas are soaked all the way up his back and in to his armpit!!! Then I notice it's not just his pajamas that are soaked, but my new jacket that I was wearing was also sporting some nasty brownish, greenish wet stuff. SICK, he REALLY had a stomach ache this morning. I hate hate hate giving him antibiotics (that's what gives him the green diarrhea. Sorry if this is TMI). Thank goodness Scott was still home to help me clean up the mess. It was ugly.

The Bad: Annoying BYU health insurance policies. I went to the physical therapist on Friday that I used to work for because my knee looks like a balloon. He told me to make an appointment with a specific doctor that he highly recommends. He said this doctor would take really good care of me and figure out what was wrong with my knee, especially if I mentioned that I used to work at this physical therapy office because this doctor is buddies with them. So I make the appointment with this doctor, and I was supposed to go in today. I was excited that I was able to get an appointment with him so soon because I know he's in high demand, and he's really good. To make a long, boring story short...a nurse at BYU called me three times in a row this morning, and it ended with me not being able to come in today to see that doctor because of BYU's stupid health insurance policies. At first the nurse told me that I am supposed to see a BYU doctor first, and then they will determine if I need to go see the other doctor that I had an appointment with in the first place, but she said since I already had the appointment I could keep it this time. Then she called me back and told me I couldn't come in today and that I had to call back and make an appointment with a BYU doctor. Rude. She couldn't even get an appointment for me? It was her fault that I couldn't come in anymore, not mine. She could have at least gotten me in with a different doctor today. It put me in a BAD mood. Health insurance is so frustrating sometimes.

The Good: Santa came to the Orem Sports Center today. It was a skinny Santa, but what can you expect at a gym I guess? Boston was so cute when he met him! He gave him a huge smile, and let me put him on his lap and take a bunch of cute pictures. Scott was able to come too because he doesn't have classes today. He filmed while I took pictures. Boston was having a great time on Santa's lap. He was smiling away and was very interested in his beard, and then all of the sudden he burst into tears. It was so cute!! Christmas is so fun with little kids! We were having a blast at Target the other night walking up and down the toy isles showing Boston all the different toys and watching his reaction to them. I will post the Santa pictures on here tonight, but Scott left the camera in his car and he's on campus right now studying away so he can finish up his last two classes of the semester! That's another good thing. Scott will be completely done with his classes this Wednesday! Then we can party for the holidays the rest of the month!


Here are the cute pictures of Boston meeting Santa! Hopefully we'll be able to get some cute pictures of him meeting a legit looking Santa sometime before Christmas. This one was a little young, and a little skinny, but it was still fun to watch Boston's reaction to him.

All smiles... for the first few minutes.


So far so good still.


Checking him out.


Feeling the fluffy beard.


He's getting a little unsure....


One second he's fine, the next second he bursts into tears.


I'm done mom! Come save me!!


We did get to meet the real Santa at Macey's a few weeks ago! He was only there for one day, and I didn't have my camera dang it! I just got two blurry pictures on my phone. It was the same story as above. All smiles for the first few minutes, then bursts into tears out of no where. I wasn't quick enough with my phone to get the smiles, so you get the tears. A lady behind me took some cute pictures for me with her camera and said she would email them to me, but so far no luck.

2 comments:

Katy said...

I'm so glad you commented on our blog! Micah told me that Scott got an offer with USAA, too, so I really hope we end up there. It would be so fun to already know someone there!

Boston is just too cute. I'm glad you had a fun experience with Santa; we've tried twice and Madison screamed both times.

And for the record, I very much dislike BYU insurance, too. :)

Heidi F said...

That is the pits about the BYU insurance. You need to see that good doctor! Darling pictures of Boston. This is his first Christmas. How fun is that?