Looks like we're gonna be Texans! Scott and I had to make the hardest decision of our lives thus far over Christmas break. Scott will be graduating in April, and we had to decide where we were going to live and work!
Scott accepted a job with USAA in San Antonio. We lived there two summers ago when he did an internship with them. They are a great company, and we feel like it is a good decision for our family right now, even though we are really going to miss all of our family and friends in Utah!
However, you all ( I'm not ready to say y'all yet, although I think it's cute when the Texans do) better come visit us because San Antonio is beautiful, and there are lots of fun things to do there! Like visit the beautiful Riverwalk! Or if you like roller coasters we can go to Six Flags! I also think the Seaworld in San Antonio is better than the one in California. They had some pretty fun roller coasters there too!
The Alamo is a must too!We are planning on moving there the beginning of summer in May or June! It's definitely going to be a whole new experience for us, and it will take some major re-adjusting! Besides that one summer, Scott and I don't know anything different than Utah, and having family an hour away!!
11 comments:
Congratulations! That's exciting news and will be a wonderful experience for you family. We are very happy for you!
I am really happy that you guys have found a great employer. Moving away is one of the best things a young married couple can do. It will really strengthen your family bond, even though we will all miss you dearly!! I'm glad we'll have one last hurrah before you move and then we can come visit next year. That will be SO FUN!!!
Oh man, I'm so nervous and excited for you. It's sad to see our family being spread out, because it will be harder for all of us to get together...but we can do it! I can't wait to come visit. Just be prepared to cry a lot and give it a year until it feels like HOME. I hope you guys LOVE it there!!! It does get better as time goes on :)
Congrats! That is so exciting...by the way your little guy is darling!
I'm just so greatful for email and phones, text messaging, all the things that make the miles seem shorter. We need to figure out skype and set up webcams so we can really stay in touch. We are thrilled for you and this next phase of life. It will be wonderful.
Congrats on accepting the offer! It must feel good to know where you'll be headed. I'm sure you will end up having a great experience. I definitely want to come visit!
Alright! I am very proud of you guys! It is probably the best decision ever! of course you would here that from a Texan ;) If we are still here we will have to hang out!!!! Good luck on yal's move! And congrats on the job!
How exciting! Yay for San Antonio!
We'll welcome you back with open arms! Are you guys going to buy a house? If so then come and check out Laura Heights! We have an awesome ward- (the Helotes ward). Location is just south of Helotes and north of Sea World.
Wow! Well, I'm so glad you guys have something!! I'm going to miss running with you. We'll have to schedule a rendezvous at a race somewhere.
The pictures of Boston are soooo cute! I can't believe he's one. It goes too fast, doesn't it??
Wahoo! Glad it's official and that you are coming back to Texas! We are excited you guys will be closer! It'll be fun to let Boston and Kennedy play together more!
Post a Comment