Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Boston!

Boston officially turned ONE today! I can't believe it's been a whole year since Boston was born! It went by so fast! It's hard to believe it's been a year. It was such a fun year full of good memories and lots and lots of smiles. I've had fun today, and the past couple days, thinking back on all the memories of Boston this past year. I especially liked remembering the day he was born. What an amazing day. I loved every minute of that day, even the pain! The pain seemed like such a small tiny price to pay, and it was more than worth it!!!
I am going to make another collage with today's picture in it too, but I didn't have time, so this collage works for now. I love being able to look back and see how he changed from month to month!


We celebrated by taking the last of the monthly lion pictures today! I'm glad this was the last picture with the lion because it's almost impossible to get him to sit still long enough without grabbing the lion for me to take a picture! After several tries of sitting him back on the couch and putting the lion next to him, I got this one. Not bad. His hair was combed and looking nice, but after some wrestling to get him to sit there it didn't look so nicely combed anymore. His cute face makes up for the messy hair though.


He's only one, but I can already tell he has a true talent of brightening people's days with his smiles and enthusiasm. I know he sure does make a lot of people smile at the gym when he's smiling, laughing, waving, or playing peek-a-boo in his stroller as we go by.


He's not talking yet, but he does love to say "OH!" a lot! He also says mama and dada, but not very often. We think he knows what mama means, but we aren't 100 percent sure.



His absolute favorite thing to do is rough house! I never had brothers, but I knew guys liked to rough house. I just didn't know it started so young! He loves it when we throw him around on the love sac or bed. He also loves to jump up and down in his crib, or on the couch.


He likes to give kisses, but we are still working on the pucker kiss. If you get a kiss from him for now, be ready for an open mouth slobbery kiss!


I like his cute double chin in this picture. He has his one year check up tomorrow, so I'll find out how much this little chunk weighs then.


Do you want to know what this little chub had for lunch today? This kid can eat! He had 1 1/2 clementines, 1/4 banana, handful of cheerios, 5 chicken nuggets, a graham cracker, and apple juice. Can you believe a one year old can eat all that in one sitting? I'm scared to see what he eats like when he's a teenager!


One thing he does that always makes us laugh is bang his head on the couch and the love sac over and over.


He's starting to get a little more picky about what he'll eat. We were trying to feed him some baby food that wasn't up to par in Boston's opinion, and this is the reaction we got. Ha ha. Pretty funny. He likes to feed himself now, so if it requires a spoon such as mushy baby food, he most likely won't eat it.


A big accomplishment since he was 11 months is drinking out of a sippy cup! No more bottles! He is also drinking cows milk now! Happy birthday to him, and happy freedom days to me! I've heard a lot of girls say how hard it is to wean, and how they're going to miss nursing. I didn't fall in to this category. I was excited to wean him, and I was lucky not to have any difficulties or pain doing it. Boston also didn't have any problems switching to the sippy cup. He really likes drinking out of his sippy cup. I think he likes that he can grab the handles, and I think he likes to feel independent.


It's kind of weird to see him drinking out of a sippy cup because it makes him look so much older!


I just thought this picture was so cute. He keeps us entertained.


Well, I would say Boston was an easy baby, and it just wouldn't be fair if he was a really easy toddler too would it? I'm not going to lie, I have my hands full with this guy. I don't think easy describes him anymore.


Fun, but not easy. I think my daily "to-do lists" are about to get A LOT shorter. When Boston is awake I'm lucky if I can get anything done besides keep him out of trouble. He's not walking yet, thank goodness, but he's getting to be quite the good climber. Today as I was trying to unload the dishwasher, Boston crawled right in it! He thought it was pretty fun!


You have no idea how many times a day I have to get him out of the cupboards and drawers and put all the stuff back that he takes out of them! He's fast too! He always waits for the right moments when he knows I'm distracted, then he makes a break for it!
Examples:
-When I need to go to the bathroom he races in to the bathroom and tries to take every thing out of the bathroom drawers and cupboards that he can. I'm going to the bathroom. What am I supposed to do?
-I keep all my socks in a shoe box. The second I open up the cupboard thing on our dresser that has this shoe box in it, Boston is there to take out all of the socks. Then while I'm trying to put on my socks and shoes, Boston makes his way over to my t-shirt drawer and tries to unfold or take out as many as he can.
-Other key opportunities Boston waits for are when I'm in the bathroom getting ready doing my hair or make-up, and when I'm making dinner.



Sometimes we wrap rubber bands around the drawers as you can see in the picture, but it's not very practical for me because I need to be able to get in and out of the drawers too, and I don't want to have to take the rubber bands off every time!



He is one curious little boy!

Happy birthday Boston!! We love you!!

4 comments:

Ashley MacKay Photography said...

Hey Andi,

I just wanted to let you know that you were one of the winners in my photography contest! Your family is darling and I would love to photograph you guys! If you are still interested please email me by tonight at midnight or else I will have to choose someone else!
ashleymackayphotography@gmail.com

Congrats!
Ashley

Maija-Liisa said...

That is so awesome you won the contest Andrea! I don't think my post ever showed up so I don't think I even got entered, so I am way glad that because I posted about it on my blog you were able to win! She seriously takes great pics! Boston is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe he is ONE already! It seems like yesterday that he was Ava's age when we were going to the pool :) We definately do need to hang out. Just give me a call and we can set something up!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Boston! What a fun week he has had! It sounds like the party was a huge success and can I tell you how impressed I am with the cake you made?! Wow! Great job! You are such a fun mom!

Crystal said...

Boston is getting so big! I loved the pictures! I was amazed by your birthday cake for him, and that party! Impressive! You're such a good mom! I loved reading about Boston's mischieviousness and his perfect timing to get into stuff :) I'm not very excited for Matthew to get to that stage. Boston was so cute at Sherstin's shower, I am so glad you came, I was wishing I would have been able to talk to you more, but it was kind of busy! Anyway, when are you moving to Texas? (which I know you're just going to love!) Guess what, you and sherstin inspired me... I'm running my first half marathon in April. I'm excited, but nervous!