I'm frustrated. I worked so hard on my blog all year keeping it updated so that I could print it at the end of the year and have an awesome family journal with tons of fun memories and pictures. Well, it turns out there are no good websites out there to print my blog. I know about blurb, but it will take me the rest of my life to publish last year's blog if I use that because it is incredibly SLOOOOOOOW. I also know about blog2print, but it doesn't let you change the format or anything, so when it uploads the pictures and print that is supposed to go underneath the pictures, they don't match up. Blurb worked for me last year because I didn't blog very much, so the slowness wasn't really a problem. Plus I was at home with a sleeping newborn and I had nothing better to do. Today I tried to be patient and work on publishing my blog on blurb. I have to reformat pretty much everything, and that kind of sucks, but I would probably be willing to do it if blurb didn't take ten minutes to complete each and every change I made. Also, I no longer have a sleeping newborn. In about 15 minutes of me trying patiently to fix my blog book Boston completely destroyed the kitchen. For example, he took every single plastic baggie out of the box that contained 100 baggies and spread them all over, and that was just one example of what he did. Last year I had 37 posts, but this year I have 130 posts including 907 pictures! WOW.
I was looking forward to getting my blog book in the mail ALL YEAR. It kept me so motivated to update my blog. Now I'm not so sure that's going to happen. I told Scott he needs to invent a better way than blurb and blog2print to publish blogs and he would be a MILLIONAIRE. Seriously. Maybe I'll just wait to publish 2009 until something better is invented to publish blogs. But I don't want to wait. :( I was so so excited to get my blog book. :( I'm reallllllly bummed right now. I've already wasted hours and hours this past week trying to figure out how to make last year's blog in to a book. Now I have ZERO motivation to blog. It feels like a waste of time to me if I can't get a published journal out of it. But I really want to keep a family history. I think I might have to check out digi-scrapbooking. I'm not in to the cutesy creative stuff though. That's why I liked blogging. You just wrote, and uploaded pictures. Nice and simple. Let me know if you have any suggestions for me. Has anyone reading this ever published their blog? I have once, and blurb worked, but it's definitely not going to work for a blog book the size of mine from 2009.
4 comments:
I am so sad to hear this news because I was going to do the same thing! Oh no! Let me know if you come up with something better.
I feel the same frustration. I want to put our blog into a book but no programs are that easy, compatible, or allow you to save the comments. I hope one comes up soon too. Good luck.
Sad day! I will keep my eye out for another website that will do the trick! Does snapfish do it?
OOO, that is frustrating. Sorry to hear about your pain. I hope something comes along for you because that is the best idea ever to publish your blog.
Post a Comment