Well, good news! Last night I decided that I was going to give blurb one more shot. For some reason blurb was working for me last night!!! I was so excited! It wasn't being insanely slow anymore! I have already reformatted all of January and two posts from February! Wahoo! Only a little over 10 more months to reformat! It's a big time consuming project, but I think I could have it done in two months if blurb keeps working for me like it was last night!
So to everyone that wants to publish their blog, I would say to try blurb. I don't know why it was giving me such a hard time the first five times I tried it, but it's working for me now! Also, don't slurp your entire blog at once. Just do it one month at a time so you don't overload the program and make it slow. Another thing I would recommend for next year is to gradually upload your blog posts to blurb throughout the year. That way at the end of the year you won't have a huge project of an entire year's worth of blogs to reformat in blurb. I'm going to try to do that for 2010's blog. That way at the end of the year it's ready to order and I don't have to spend a few months making my book. Another thing that might help blurb go faster is to upload your pictures to blogspot as medium size instead of large.
Here are a few pictures of my blog book last year if you want to get a general idea of what the book is like. There are tons of options though, so you can make it look however you want. That's the good thing about blurb. Blog2print doesn't let you change anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment