
Boston celebrated his one month birthday by sleeping for FIVE hours! Or maybe I should say I celebrated Boston's one month birthday by sleeping for FIVE hours! It felt so good! I had not slept longer than about 3 1/2 hours straight for a month until last night. I finished feeding him at 2am and put him back in his bassinet. Around 4am he woke me up with his grunting and wiggling and I could tell he probably wanted to eat soon, so I cuddled him next to me to see if he would fall back asleep and he fell asleep in my arms and didn't wake up to eat until 7am! I actually felt pretty coherent when I woke up to feed him at 7:00 this morning. It was nice to be able to send Scott off to work when I was a little more with it.

This is how we slept for a wonderful three hours together last night! He sleeps SO much better when he is next to me like this. I know it's a really bad habit to get into, so I will try not to make it a habit, but five hours of sleep with no feeding was SO worth it to me last night. Plus I really like cuddling with him!

This is my favorite thing to do right now. There's nothing better than a precious newborn sleeping on your chest. Look how sweet he is! I'm sad he is going to get too big for this! I just have to keep reminding myself to enjoy every stage as much as I can because I know that they change so fast and I will love things about every stage he goes through.

Here is our tiny little newborn 9 days old. I love how big his hands and feet look on the ends of his skinny little arms and legs! Now compare him to his one month old picture. I can't believe how much bigger he is!

He's definitely chubbier and his skin is a lot more white now that the jaundice is gone. This picture is zoomed in a little more so maybe the difference isn't quite as big as it looks.
Some things about Boston at 1 month:
He can roll from his stomach to his back
He loves to stretch and he stretches forever when he is trying to wake up
He is always pulling funny faces
He makes us laugh with all the grunting and different noises he makes
He is really good at picking his head up and turning it side to side
He's getting better at fixing his eyes on things
He is a content baby-he doesn't cry unless he is hungry or we are changing his diaper before he's eaten
7 comments:
Happy birthday, baby Boston. Wow, he really has grown and filled in. He is definitely off to a great start. What a lucky little boy to have such wonderful parents!
How cute!! I love the comparison with him next to the stuffed animal. He's gettin to be a BOY!
Those pictures are so cute! He's such an adorable little guy. And congrats on getting 5 hours of sleep.. that's definitely something to be very happy about!
I can't believe he is already 1 month old. He is such a cutie! It was fun seeing you guys the other night and holding Boston, we'll have to get together again soon.
Oh he is sooo cute:) Watch out, Cohen was rolling at three weeks and the doctor told me I was doomed:) He started waking at the end of eight months so BEWARE, he will keep you on your toes:) You too will be doomed, good luck!
They grow way too fast!!! What a cutie! I am glad he is starting to sleep better for you!
uhh....I cant believe we havent made it down there yet. He is so cute!!! I want to hold him and love him. hehe well i was hoping for this weekend cause we are coming down for nates g-pas birthday but now Brendan is sick AGIAN! Its ridiculous! So hopefully he will get better by then so we can come see you!
Post a Comment