Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2 Week Appointment

Does he look bigger to you?

Boston had his 2 week check-up today and he's already packed on the pounds. Well more like ounces, but the doctor was really happy that he had already gained weight. He said they are happy if the baby is back to their birth weight by two weeks. Boston was 6 lbs. 11 oz. at birth and now he is 7 lbs. 4 oz. He's even gotten a little taller. He was 20'' at birth including his cone-head and now he's 20 1/4'' with no cone-head.

I'm happy that he's growing and healthy, but I'm sad he's not going to stay tiny and cuddly like this forever.

He is the stretch king. He stretches forever every time we wake him up to eat. It is hilarious to watch. The other good news we heard from the doctor today is that we don't have to wake him up to eat anymore unless he tries to sleep more than 4 hours during the day. So I hope that means I will get longer than 2-3 hour stretches of sleep soon.

Here is one of his many funny faces he makes while he's stretching. The memory card did something weird to this picture. That's why there is a line across it.

The doctor told us we can't take him to church until he is two months old, so Scott and I will be trading off for a couple months. He said it was ok to take him on walks at the mall and to Scott's basketball games if we keep him covered up in his car seat and people aren't coming up wanting to see him. That was good news because I'm really not used to staying inside so much and I miss going to Scott's games. I'm excited to take him to one next week and see how it goes.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Too cute! Way to heed doctors advice...I can't stand it when people take their little babies out. It's not worth it. They can get sick so fast and it's so serious. Have fun with the snuggles!!

Kim said...

All that stretching is paying off! He is getting taller. I'm so glad he is a healthy growing baby boy. We love to see all the pix!