Saturday, April 5, 2014

Boston's 5 Year Check-Up

 I can't believe my little buddy is old enough for Kindergarten this year! Boston has Kinder Round-Up this week, so I took him in for a check-up to make sure he was all caught up on his shots. He needed a couple shots because I forgot to take him in for his four year check-up. 


5 year stats:
Weight: 47.5 lbs. (84%)
Height: 46.1 in. (93%)
BMI: 15.7 (62%)

Looks like Boston will take after his dad in height! I thought it was funny that Boston was 93% in height and Brody was 93% in weight at his 2 month check-up. We've got a big grocery bill to look forward to when these boys are teenagers! 



Brody was grateful it was Boston getting the shots this time and not him. He got to take a little snooze in the doctor's office while we waited for Boston to get his exam and shots. 


Boston was a little nervous about the shots, so I told him we'd go out for ice-cream afterwards if he did a good job. He did great, and we enjoyed our ice-cream!

Some things about Boston at 5:

Favorite Foods: Clementines (He calls them cuties, and he can even peel them himself! Cuties are his go-to snack.), waffles, pears, bananas (Another go-to snack. Sometimes he eats 2 or 3 in a day), grapes, strawberries, blackberries, pistachios, cheetos, tortillas, bagels, string cheese, fish sticks, and macaroni and cheese. 

Favorite Activities: Jumping on the tramp, making crafts (his scissor and coloring abilities have improved greatly this year), playing legos (he only has a few, but he loves them, so he's in the process of earning some more with a behavior chart), playing with friends, playing sports, playing play dough, pretending like he's a superhero, wrestling, and dancing (his nickname in the kid's club at the gym is Best Dancer because I guess they have dancing contests and he wins them a lot. Ha ha). 


Favorite Toys: Swords, legos, nerf gun, imaginext toys (castle, ship, dragon).

Favorite Books: He usually has a new one every week because we trade them out at the library weekly, but some favorites that he owns are The Big Race, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Oh Were They Ever Happy (one of Scott's favorite books from when he was little). 

Favorite Shows: Wild Krats, Land Before Time, Diego

Boston loves to help people. Whenever he sees someone drop something, he usually sprints to pick it up for them. He also loves to open doors for people, especially at church. He's very helpful around the house doing little chores and helping with Brody. 


In fact, here's a picture of Brody from the other day when Boston ran upstairs to pick out an outfit for him after he had a blowout. Ha ha. I decided to leave him in this outfit since we weren't going anywhere, and the best part was that Scott didn't even comment on his outfit when he got home. 

Boston's also very friendly. He loves to talk to anybody and everybody. I love watching him carry on a conversation with random adults that he barely knows. I love seeing him brighten people's days. I think it's one of his best talents.

Other words that come to mind when I think about Boston are competitive, energetic, and sweet.

Boston's schedule right now:

Mondays: Music class 9:30-10:30, play group 10:30-12:00

Tuesdays: Powerhouse Gymnastics Preschool 9-2

Wednesday: Preschool co-op 9-12, Library Time 12:15-2:00

Thursday: Kids club at the gym while I teach water aerobics 9:30-10:30

Friday: Kids club at the gym 9:30-10:30

Saturday: Baseball 12:30-2:00


One of Boston's best buddies right now is Trenton, a little boy he met at the gym. When I met his mom, we realized that we live really close to each other, so we do play dates all the time now. Boston had a blast at Trenton's nerf gun birthday party a couple Saturdays ago. 


A couple weeks ago, Buddy from Dinosaur Train on PBS made an appearance at our library. We made sure to get there early, but there was still a huge line to wait in. I told Boston to go get in line while I finished loading Brody into the stroller. He happily ran to get in line. When I walked up to him with the stroller, he said, "Mom, get in the back of the line. No butting." He wasn't kidding either. I thought it was hilarious. 


He was so excited to meet Buddy and get a picture with him. I guess it was worth the wait. 



We're so grateful for all the free education and entertainment our library provides us with! 



Another thing I want to remember about Boston at 5 are all the funny things he says. Last night at the grocery store he saw a lady with a lot of soda in her cart and very loudly said, "OOO, her is going to get sick! Too much soda!" She heard him, and I was a little embarrassed, but also glad that Boston understands too much soda is not good. :)

Then today he came to use the bathroom while I was in there getting ready. There was some blue cleaning solution in the toilet water. After he used the bathroom he said, "So, blue and yellow make green!" It was very observant of him. :)

Conversation with Boston one night: 
Scott: "Are you going to be a missionary when you grow up?"
Boston: "Yes, and then I'm gonna be a cowboy. Wanna know why? Cuz cowboys have guns and lassos!"

March 1st-In Boston's prayer he said "Thank you I'm going to get a drum set and a thing that toots, but I forgot what it was called." (He had just played at a friend's house that had a drum set and a whoopee cushion.)

 We're truly blessed to have a 5 year old like Boston around! 

No comments: