I love conference weekend. I look forward to it like it's a holiday, and it kind of feels like one too!
This year's conference was even more special with Boston being old enough to sit quietly and work on his conference craft, and a new baby to cuddle while listening. I found a cute conference activity for Boston to do on Pinterest. There were a bunch of eggs with pictures on them of things like the temple. missionaries, scriptures, etc. Boston had to listen for those words to be said, and then he could color and cut that egg out to glue into his Easter basket.
It was cute to see him listening and hearing the words on his Easter eggs. This activity kept his attention a lot longer than I was expecting. He earned some "lego points" for it as well. That's probably why it kept his attention. We had a behavior chart hanging up on the fridge the past few weeks for him to earn enough points to buy some legos. He finally filled his chart up and we picked out some Transformer legos yesterday. He was so ecstatic. He was showing everyone in the store his new legos and telling them how he earned them. It was really cute.
I love being able to sleep in and relax all day on Conference Sunday. We made waffles and turkey bacon for brunch, and we had a family in our ward over for cafe rio style dinner that evening.
I was amazed at how quiet and peaceful our house was this conference, especially with two kids. I know next year won't be nearly as quiet and peaceful with a cute little toddler walking around, so I was gratefully soaking it in this year.
I loved cuddling Brody while listening to conference this year. I remember the past conferences feeling kind of empty and trying to listen for answers regarding adding to our family. It felt so good to have my arms and heart full this conference.
Brody fell asleep on me a couple times during conference. I love looking at his perfect sleeping face.
He looks like an angel to me when he's asleep.
I thought it was cute that he fell asleep holding onto the neck of my shirt. I'm so grateful for our prophet and church leaders and for the special spirit of conference weekend! Now we are enjoying listening to the talks over and over again!











No comments:
Post a Comment