I want to do a little more posting about everyday things, and not just the big events and updates.
This morning was a good Sunday morning. I need to make more Sunday mornings like this. I was actually early to church, not just barely on time by the skin of my teeth, and it was nice. I didn't feel stressed as we were getting out the door, and I didn't have to tell Boston to hurry 500 times. After seeing how nice it was this morning to be ready earlier than the exact minute I needed to be ready to not be late, I made a goal in my head to always aim to be ready much earlier than I think I need to be. Easier said than done, but I want to try!
Besides being early to church and not hurrying out the door for once, Boston colored quietly by himself the entire time I was getting ready. I kept wondering why it was so quiet while I was getting ready. Normally when it's quiet for too long, I get a sense that Boston's up to something he shouldn't be, but today I didn't get that sense. Even though it was oddly quiet for too long, I didn't check on him because I didn't want to chance disturbing whatever it was that was keeping him quiet. He came into my room just as I finished getting ready to show me the picture he had colored. It made me smile that he had found a quiet activity to occupy himself for awhile. It was so nice. I hope he continues to love coloring and drawing! He has never been interested in coloring or drawing until now. Quiet and calm activities are a rare occurrence for our rambunctious 5 year old, so this morning was quite the treat for me. :)
Brody was quiet this morning too. He ate, had a bath, and then slept until it was time for church.
I love freshly bathed babies in church clothes. They smell so good and look so cute.
So here's to hoping I can do some more everyday blogging, and be early more often!





No comments:
Post a Comment