Saturday, April 5, 2014

Running and Sleeping


Running and sleeping, two things I love, and two things that are slowly making their way back into my life! Brody slept 9.5 hours without eating last night!! I fed him around 10:30, and when I woke up at 6:10 this morning for my Saturday run, he was still sleeping. I couldn't believe it. I pumped and left Scott with a couple bottles. When I got back from my run, Scott said Brody had slept until about 8:00AM. We are amazed by what a good baby Brody is. He's been sleeping longer stretches for awhile now, but was waking up around 4:00 or 5:00AM to eat, so this was his first night skipping that early morning feeding. Go Brody! 


My run was great this morning, probably my favorite one since being pregnant. The weather was perfect, around 50 degrees, which is my favorite running weather. The pretty bluebonnets are out right now. I took this bluebonnet picture with my phone on my run today. I was planning to run 8 miles, and ended up running 10 because I was feeling so good and enjoying being outside so much. I think the extra sleep and perfect weather had a lot to do with that. I also had good company. I got to run with my friend Stacie. Good conversation with a running buddy makes all the difference for a good run. 

I joined a local running club called We Run San Antonio. I've been meeting up with them on Tuesday evenings for track workouts the past few weeks. They are HARD, especially right now, but I know those workouts will get me in the best shape for my half marathon in June and my marathon this October. I'm so happy to be training for marathons again! I've missed it. 

No comments: