Saturday, August 6, 2011

We All Got Our Hairs Cut

We love Costco and all the yummy food and cool stuff you can buy there, not to mention their free samples too. We picked this hair cutting kit up a few Saturdays ago so we could save ourselves some moola on the boy's haircuts. 



Scott's been cutting Boston's hair for awhile now, but today was his first time cutting his own hair. He did great both on himself, and on Boston. I helped Scott clean up the back a little, but I'm too chicken to cut all of his hair. Doesn't look like I'll need to learn though because he managed by himself just fine.



Don't they look cute? As you can see, we've been getting some sun. We spent last night at Sea World, and this morning at the pool. Saturday mornings are becoming one of our favorite times to go swimming. For some reason, no one else seems to go to our pool on Saturday mornings, so it's fun to have the whole pool to ourselves.


I got my haircut last Saturday, but never took a picture. Maybe because this is the first time I've really done my hair since last Saturday. That's what happens when you live in a place where the low for the week is still in the triple digits. It seems like 90% of our days we're either a sweaty mess, or we're at the pool. I already spent the first half of today being a sweaty mess, and then going to the pool, so I figured it was safe to do my hair for once.

Side view.
Here's the back.
The entire week I've been whining to Scott about how much I hate my haircut, but I finally decided today that it's not that bad. I guess I just had to actually do it to realize that it was fine. It always takes me awhile to get used to haircuts. I like my hair long and plain, so whenever I get it cut I freak out that it's too short. I got layers and a face frame this time, and the face frame makes it feel really short. I like the back though. I just never get to see it. 


We had a few funny little incidences while we were in the process of taking our haircut pictures. I'll tell you the story behind this picture. I asked Scott to take a picture of the back of my hair, and then kneeled down on the couch. I heard the camera go click, click a few times and then asked Scott, "Did you get it all?" That exact question is what makes the next part of the story even funnier. I don't know why I chose the phrase, "Did you get it all?" rather than "Did you get it?" because that's usually what people say when referring to a picture. Well, Scott sure did "get it all." He said, "Yep." and showed me a very unattractive (close-up) picture of my behind with my baggy sweat pants falling half way down. I was so shocked that I couldn't even pretend to be mad. I busted up laughing. Then Boston got really excited with all the commotion and whacked me on the head with a wooden spoon and the "thonk" noise that it made just made me laugh even harder. I love those random moments that aren't even that funny, yet they make you laugh until you cry. 


Never a dull moment with these guys around. It's been a fun family weekend so far. 

4 comments:

Reeve family said...

Scott is good at cutting hair! He will need to teach Brett so we can save some money. I love your hair too. I didn't know you got it cut.

Kristen said...

I love the layers! It makes your hair look really thick and pretty. Why don't you put the pictures of your butt up too?

Keisha said...

your hair looks great!

Jaylynn said...

I like the laughing boys pic and guesss what- the pic of you above it looks just like Boston! That's the first time I've thought Boston really looked like you or Scott. Your hair is cute as always and yeah you should've posted the baggy behind pic!