My good friend Stacie (Kylie's mom) is due with her second baby next Sunday! She is going to be induced. I wanted to make her a diaper cake, but I'd never done one before. Thanks to google and youtube, I was able to put something together and I had a lot of fun doing it. During Boston's nap time I got comfy on the floor with some old episodes of Master Chef while I started rolling up all the diapers. I used little girl hair ties to keep the diapers rolled.
Then I taped a paper towel roll to this piece of cardboard, put a bigger rubber band around the bottom of the paper towel roll, and started putting the diapers in.
After 3 tiers of diapers it was ready to decorate.
It ended up being a bath theme. I saw so many different cute ways to decorate these while I was learning how to make them online. I definitely want to make more of these. It was a lot easier than I thought, and it will be fun to try out different themes.
I'm not a crafty person at all, so I was happy that it turned out.

Me and two of my friends totally surprised Satcie with a little baby shower. She thought we were going out for dessert. She had no idea. It was so fun.
They are having a little boy and we are so excited for them! We are grateful to have such good friends that make living away from family a little easier.
They are naming their little boy Beckham. Look how cute those letters are that my friends made for her nursery!
Congratulations Stacie! Can't wait to meet Beckham!





4 comments:
The diaper cake turned out amazing! I would love to make one in the future since I have never made one. I like how you showed us the steps so it doesn't look so hard. Thanks again for my shower!!!
CUTE decorations for the shower! I'm throwing 2 baby showers in the next 2 months and am SO grateful for your pictures - I think I'm going to copy you! :) Thanks!
You say you're not crafty but I have seen TONS of really cute crafts that you've put together. The diaper cake turned out so cute good job!
Wow, that cake is way cool and looks like it took tonz of creativity! You are creative! The house you were in is decorated so cute!
Post a Comment