Last week my little sister and her boyfriend Matt came to stay with us for a week. We love visitors not only for the company, but also for the excuse to party and explore this fun city we live in that is still fairly new to us. There are so many fun things to do here, and it makes it even more fun when friends and family come to do them with us.

Kristen and Matt ended up geting here late Wednesday night rather than Wednesday afternoon due to a long story of flight delays and a missed flight, so we started the official fun on Thursday morning with a trip to Sea World. They bought the fun card which allows you to pay for a day ($60) and come back all year! Pretty sweet deal, and they definitely got their money's worth in the week they were here. They ended up going to Sea World 4 times.

Matt and Kristen were nice enough to oblige Boston on a few kiddie rides, but I must say, seeing Boston's reaction on this ride is worth it. I've said this before, but he is the cutest thing when he goes on these rides. He screams, and squeals, and laughs. I always look forward to taking him on these rides just to watch his face. We do it every week, and it never gets old.
After an afternoon of rides, animal watching, and the waterpark, we headed home to shower and let Boston take a nap. When Scott got off work at 5:00 we made a quick trip to Costco to stock up on Matt's favorites like poppyseed muffins and quaker oatmeal squares, and Kristen's favorites like fresh pineapple and cantaloupe. Then we headed back over to Sea World for some night shows and adult rides.
The giant walrus is the best part of the sea lion show, especially when he does sit-ups. Yes, you read that right. That giant walrus can do sit-ups. You'll have to come visit us to see it for yourself if you don't believe me.
Enjoying their last week of summer before they start their last year of college! I think they made good use of that last week. :) We had a good mixture of fun, sight seeing, and relaxation. It was a well-balanced vacation.
Boston loves the sea lions. He calls them "arh-arhs" because that's the sound they make. And believe it or not, he sits still with his eyes glued on the show the entire time. Our lively little boy is growing up. We have been so amazed lately by how much easier he's gotten. (I hope I don't have to eat my words for saying that.) Seriously though, I told Scott that we are now being rewarded for not losing our sanity when he was 13 months to 27-ish months. Those were some crazy hard months, but he is the sweetest thing ever now. Don't get me wrong, he still has his normal toddler moments, but I'm just so happy he understands so much more now and can communicate with us!
Here's a nice big close-up of my sweaty face at the Shamu show. It's pretty hot and humid here, but Kristen and Matt still had a blast. We stayed in the water most of the time.
So, double Sea World day it was for their first full day in San Antonio! I guess we didn't get enough though because Friday morning we woke up and went straight back to Sea World. We finished watching all the shows we hadn't seen, and then spent some time in the lazy river at the water park.
Friday night after Scott got off work we took Kristen and Matt to one of our favorite restaurants, Scenic Loop Cafe.
We told them they had to try the sweet potatoes, and they weren't disappointed. We were glad they approved of our restaurant choice.
When Scott and I first got married we never would have ordered the same thing at a restaurant, but as the years go by, our taste in food is slowly getting more and more similar. We both got the mahi-mahi stuffed with goat cheese and sweet potatoes. Not only are we starting to like the exact same foods, but Scott told me about a nighttime 5K in December at Sea World not only because he thought I would want to do it, but because he wants to do it too! Before I know it, I'll be slam dunking at his Tuesday night basketball games. Ha ha. Just kidding. Just thought I'd put that funny picture in your mind in case you needed a good laugh today.
Anyway, that wraps up part 1 of our week with Kristen and Matt! There were way too many pictures to do one post! Be back soon with Part 2!






2 comments:
You're right..It was the perfect way to end our last week of summer! Thanks again for such a fun trip. I'm excited to see the rest of your posts!
How fun to have your sister come visit you! And you're right, I did laugh when I pictured you slam dunking against ten 6'6'' tall guys, lol.
Post a Comment