We started the 4th day of Matt and Kristen's visit with Stake Conference at 10:00AM. Doesn't Boston look so cute in this picture?
Boston loved having Kristen and Matt here to play with him and give him all sorts of extra attention. After Stake Conference Matt was nice enough to go home teaching with Scott because Scott's companion had to work. Kristen, Boston, and I were lucky enough to get a good nap in while they were gone. We were proud of the guys for being such good priesthood holders and doing their home teaching, even on vacation. :)
Scott and I got Matt and Kristen totally addicted to 24 with us. We ended every single night they were here with a few episodes of 24. We even got to squeeze in a few extras on Sunday afternoon while Boston was napping. (Sorry for the bad picture. Self-timers with no flash are tricky.)
After Boston woke up we drove to the King William District to look at all the awesome victorian houses. This one was our favorite.
They've actually made it into a bed and breakfast, but it was closed when we got there, so we just peeped through the windows and took this picture.

I am in love with big porches, and this one had TWO amazing porches. Why can't they build houses with awesome porches anymore?
Kristen's in love with porches too. (Notice Boston in the background with Matt's shades on. Ha ha.)

Here's a full view of the amazing house.

Maybe someday we'll have a house with a porch like this to take family pictures on! :) But for now I'll keep dreaming, and borrowing other people's porches.
This picture accurately describes the next few hours of our lovely Sunday. Our car decided to die on us, and we got stuck in the smothering heat with no air conditioning while we waited for our car to stop smoking. We decided to at least try to make the 15 or so minute drive home even though the car's heat gauge was as high as it could go. We said a little prayer an nervously began the drive home with the heater on because that's supposed to help cool an overheated car. We didn't make it very far before our car died, but we were lucky enough to be able to safely pull over at a spot on the freeway with a very large margin. Then we waited for our good friends, the Livseys to come pick us up. They had just gotten home from driving back from Utah, and I know the last thing they wanted to do was drive some more. We were so grateful for them! They saved us! Now we're in the market for a new car. I'm hoping we find one soon because I'm not sure how long I'll enjoy the old fashioned way of running errands and taking Boston to the park in this heat (via bike).
After finally making it home we had yummy homemade Cafe Rio and of course watched a few episodes of 24.

The next morning Scott had the day off work, but ironically we still ended up at his work. We wanted to give Matt and Kristen a tour of USAA. It's a pretty awesome place, and now Matt can add another option to his list of options for when he graduates.
Later that afternoon we dropped Boston off at my good friend Stacie's house so we could enjoy some relaxation on the Comal River. This ended up being a favorite activity of the week for everyone. It was so peaceful and relaxing to float on the slow moving river in the shade. Ahhhh. Just thinking about it is relaxing.
It made for some good quality couple time, and conversation.
If we lived closer we'd buy our own tubes and take Boston every Saturday!
That wraps up round three. I told you we had a busy week! It was so fun. I think I should be able to finish up the rest of the pictures in one more post. Round 4 coming soon!










1 comment:
Looks like way fun, except for the car breaking down. I want to see pics of your new ride! You and Kristen both have cute swim suits!
Post a Comment