The last full day of Kristen's an Matt's visit was Kristen's 21st birthday! I'd say it was a pretty dang good birthday too.
The first part of the day involved some shopping and the best crepes ever. Matt went to France on his mission, and he even said these crepes were up to par with the ones in France. If you live in San Antonio you have to go to the restaurant TASTE at the Rim. The picture above is Kristen with her nutella-strawberry dessert crepe. She could have eaten the whole thing, but was nice enough to share with me and Matt.

This was the chicken-spinach-pesto lunch crepe that we all shared. Oh so good.
That night we dropped Boston off with my friend Stacie so we could have a nice dinner on the Riverwalk to celebrate Kristen's birthday. (Thanks again Stacie for watching Boston!) I guess we were in a European mood that day. First a little trip to France with the crepes, then a little trip to Italy. :) We feel so lucky to live so close to this cute place.
Kristen chose this cute Italian restaurant called Zocca's for dinner.
Cute couple!
Kristen with the necklace I gave her for her birthday. The lamp is right in the way, but it was a silver medallion with a K on it.
They surprised us with the cutest birthday treat ever. Look how awesome the chocolate wording is!

After dinner we enjoyed walking around the Riverwalk, taking pictures, and souvenir shopping.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. The Riverwalk is so pretty at night. I'm already excited for Christmas on the Riverwalk!
I think this birthday will be hard to top! Good luck Matt! :) You did well.
Boston got to stay up late and have yummy Blue Bell ice-cream with us after we picked him up from Stacie's house. He wanted to give Kristen a birthday kiss. He's so sweet.
Boston kept talking about KK all week before she got here. He had so much fun with Aunt KK. He still talks about her. I think yesterday he said it was KK's "happy day" (that means birthday).

The next morning was the sad departure day. It was time for Kristen and Matt to get back to reality. They had school and work waiting for them in Utah.

We spent the last few hours of their Texas trip getting some pictures in front of these awesome cowboy boots and shopping at the North Star Mall.
Thanks for the fun week Kristen and Matt! Come again anytime! We love visitors! Next up is Scott's dad in September, and then another girls weekend in October! Can't wait. Any other takers for a visit? :) You'll have fun, I promise!







4 comments:
Ok, first off, I'm so glad you had such a good time with your sister! She and her boyfriend are way too cute.
And second, this post brings back some good memories! Remember when we found that TASTE place on such a happy day (AKA SIX FLAGS)!?!? And then those darn boots remind me of driving to work EVERY DAY since my work was literally right behind them. Oh good ol' Texas! Sometimes I miss that place! (or parts of it... mainly people like you) :)
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I didn't realize that your sister turned 21 out here! Matt does have to top it next year now, which will be hard! I have never been to Taste, I'll have to go bc it looked good.
I want to come visit you Andrea! Someday we will have to have a family vacation to San Antonio :)
wow you treat visitors well! I just had to comment that you are always so styling Andrea! How do you do it? Seriously!
Post a Comment