Friday, September 2, 2011

Family Date Night


A few weekends ago our good friends invited us to Dave and Busters with them. They had some extra points to use up, and they were so nice to share the fun with us! Aren't Boston and Kylie so cute together? They are such good buddies.


Dave and Busters is like a Chuck E Cheese for adults, but there's plenty of fun for kids too.



Here's Boston and Kylie's dad, Brett playing a horse race game. Boston has always loved Brett. Whenever Brett's around Boston usually won't let me or Scott hold him. It's really funny and kind of random. 


Bos and Ky thought it was pretty awesome that we let them sit on the air hockey table. 


 Sitting on a table and hitting something around is definitely Boston's idea of fun. 


He also absolutely loved driving cars and riding motorcycles too. Whenever we walk by motorcycles in a parking lot he always points to them and says, "That's mine." I think he means, "I wish that was mine." Ha ha. 


Boston's already picking up the older girls. That's Josie, one of my cute sunbeams. They are pretty new in the ward. I love this picture. I think it's hilarious.  


Here's Josie's mom, Heather. They live pretty close to us, so we've gotten together quite a few times already. (She hosted Stacie's surprise baby shower at her adorable house.) Her cute little baby Tate is 8 weeks old. 



The highlight of the night was that dolphin Boston is holding. I guess he has an intense love for dolphins (probably due to Sea World) that we didn't really know about until this night. I was trying to win him a stuffed animal from one of those claw machines, and when I got a puppy I was all excited and said, "Look Boston I won you a puppy!" I thought he would be thrilled, but he just had his eyes glued on the dolphin in the machine and was pretty much oblivious to anything else. He kept staring at it and pointing to it in the machine. I could tell he really, really wanted that dolphin. He was very persistent and passionate about getting the dolphin. I asked a couple of the workers if we could trade the two stuffed animals we had already won for the dolphin, and they agreed. Boston was so happy and so in love with that dolphin. He wouldn't put it down the rest of the night and then he slept with it. It was so cute to see him so excited about such a simple thing. 

Thanks to the Reeves for such a fun family date night!

No comments: