All these beautiful ladies came with the bonus package of marrying Scott. It's so nice having in-laws that I actually look forward to spending time with! Every year all the girls in Scott's family get together and have a blast doing girl stuff while our awesome husbands take care of the kids. This year we went to BYU Women's Conference. It is amazing. I highly recommend going if you've never been!
Scott is the youngest of four sisters of which I am so grateful because being married to a guy whose been surrounded by girls his whole life sure does make married life easier! Nothing I do can shock him because he's seen it all! Shauna wasn't able to attend the Women's Conference because she was on a gorgeous island resort for her sister-in-law's wedding! We did get to see her Sunday though!
I don't think I've ever been out to eat so many times in one week in my entire life! Earlier that week Scott and I went to Tucano's to use my free birthday meal coupon. Then over the girls weekend we went to L & T, Carrabbas, Jamba Juice, Red Robin, and Texas Roadhouse! It was delicious, but I hope I never eat at that many restaurants in one week again! It's not nice to the wallet or the scale.
Scott and Boston were able to join us for dinner at Red Robin after Women's Conference was over. Then we enjoyed some shopping at the mall afterward. It's what we do best, especially on the annual girls trip.

We got some pretty pearl rings at the Women's Conference from a non-profit organization that sells jewelry here in America for the women in the Philippines. The women in the Philippines find the pearls and make the jewelry. Then this organization sells the jewelry here and gives them the money. I thought that was pretty cool, and I love the pearl ring! They were priced super well too!
Jill surprised us all with cute matching purses, socks, and reversible jackets from Missouri. She is the queen of bargain shopping! We love her for sharing her talent with us :)
Thanks for adopting me in to your family and making me feel included in these get-togethers! I've looked forward to these annual weekends ever since I got back from the first one! Although, I have to admit that I was scared out of my mind to go on the first one and hang out with Scott's family without Scott. (I'm sure you already knew that though.) It makes me laugh to think back on how scared I was at first, but it only took one weekend for me to realize I got nothin to be scared of. :) You guys were so nice at making me feel comfortable and welcome. I'm a lucky duck to have such amazing in-laws.Things I want to work on thanks to the wonderfully inspiring Women's Conference:
1. Spend less time on the internet. Come with a purpose and leave promptly.
2. Develop my ability to seek and act on revelation.
3. Smile and laugh more, especially for my family!
4. Having faith to raise my children in a world of distraction without becoming distracted myself.
5. Have better and more frequent communication with Scott.
6. Be more selfless and serving!
7. Quit comparing myself to others and be happy with me!
2. Develop my ability to seek and act on revelation.
3. Smile and laugh more, especially for my family!
4. Having faith to raise my children in a world of distraction without becoming distracted myself.
5. Have better and more frequent communication with Scott.
6. Be more selfless and serving!
7. Quit comparing myself to others and be happy with me!
A few of my favorite quotes I wrote down:
"Being able to feel the Lord's powere and influence in our lives is the ultimate education we can achieve." -Julie B. Beck
"Nothing is more critically connected to happiness than that of building and nurturing families."
"A distraction does not have to be evil to be a distraction.....True wisdom consists of the elimination of the non-essentials."
"True love comes when we care more about another person than ourselves."
"Real lasting self-esteem comes from accomplishment, not from others telling us we're great."
"If you judge people you have no time to love them." -Mother Teresa
Highest and best reason for service: Love of God and man. Lowest: wanting something or recognition.
"A good laugh is sunshine in a house."
"Nothing is more critically connected to happiness than that of building and nurturing families."
"A distraction does not have to be evil to be a distraction.....True wisdom consists of the elimination of the non-essentials."
"True love comes when we care more about another person than ourselves."
"Real lasting self-esteem comes from accomplishment, not from others telling us we're great."
"If you judge people you have no time to love them." -Mother Teresa
Highest and best reason for service: Love of God and man. Lowest: wanting something or recognition.
"A good laugh is sunshine in a house."

2 comments:
Cute post Andi! We sure love you and waited a long time for our 5th sister...we knew Scott would pick a good one!! Glad you feel comfortable with us, you're just another sista in this big family. Can't wait for the next one...hopefully in San Antonio! I can't wait to see what it's like there :)
What a sweet post, Andi. We are so glad you are part of the family! We look forward to many more of our girls' weekends together. I enjoyed reading your thoughts about Women's Conference too. Sooo many good thoughts!
Post a Comment