Thursday, June 11, 2009

What is 309.4 miles?

It's the total number of miles I have run in races that I need to scrapbook! CRAZY huh?

(Too bad I wasn't crazy enough to keep track of the number of miles I have done training for those races. That would have been an insane number, and I'm really curious what it is now!)

I have a shoe box full of race bibs and other running stuff from past races, and I finally decided it was time to organize them. I have saved a total of 27 race bibs from 2003 until now. I spent a long time the other night figuring out what race each bib was from, organizing the race numbers in the order that I ran the races, and figuring out what my time was for each race. I had to do a lot of searching online to find my past race times, so from now on I am going to write on the back of the bibs what the race was, the date, and my time.

These are some of the race bibs that I am going to scrapbook. I am definitely not a scrapbooker, but I figured since it is a running scrapbook its OK if it's not very cutesy.

Here is some more stuff in the running shoe box that I need to organize. Now that I am home all the time I see more and more things everyday that I need to organize! It's so overwhelming! I keep telling myself baby steps are the way to go. I'm going to start with this running scrapbook. It should be fun. If you happen to have any scrapbook advice, ideas, or anything I would love it if you leave a comment. I don't know what I'm doing.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Andrea! Digi-scrapbooking is so much fun, its so easy, a lot cheaper, and extremely addicting!

Heidi F said...

What a great idea! I love the part of you logging the miles you have run in races. You could put it on a map to show how far it actually is. The scrapbook of bibs, picturs and other memorabilia will be awesome no matter how you design it. Have fun with it all!