Sunday, June 21, 2009

This One's For the Guys


Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dads, and my amazing husband!!

I don't tell my dad often enough that he is a wonderful dad. He taught me to work hard, do well in school, live the gospel, set goals, be smart with money, love the outdoors, and much, much more. My dad also taught me the importance of family vacations. We went on many, many camping trips and family vacations. I can't even think of one year that we didn't do a family vacation. My parents were even brave enough to take bratty, complaining teenagers on family vacations. I guess I'm living proof that although your kids may act like they don't like something, they will probably thank you later. I was one of the worst complainers about going on family camping trips when I was a teenager because I didn't want to be away from my friends, but I am now thanking my parents for making me go and putting up with my complaining because I realize now that I am grateful for the family time we had on all those trips. I think it's really important for families to go on vacations and camping trips together, and I am looking forward to following this tradition in my own family. Thanks for being such a good dad and putting up with me! I know it wasn't easy, and I definitely didn't show my appreciation often enough like I should have. Now you get to enjoy being a grandpa! I hope that will make up a little bit for all my difficult years.

July 2007



I am also very thankful to have married in to a family with such a good dad-in-law! I am still getting to know him, but I know I am one of the lucky few people that marry in to a family and actually like their in-laws! I love my in-laws! One of the first things I noticed when I met my dad-in-law was that he had a quiet happiness about him. I don't know if that really makes sense, but he always seemed to be smiling, he was not loud or intimidating like a lot of dads are, and he always made me feel welcome. I'm thankful that Scott was raised by a good dad who was a good example to him because Scott is now a good dad and a good example to his own son.



Boston is one lucky dude to have a dad like Scott. I could always tell, and I am continuing to see that Scott wants to be a good dad and a good husband more than anything else. So far he is doing a dang good job at it too! He LOVES being a dad. The other day he told me he thinks this is the happiest he has ever been. Scott loves to play with Boston and take care of him. He is always so willing to help put Boston to bed, change his diapers, bathe him, and get him ready for the day. He is already trying to teach Boston to catch a ball. It's so cute! I'm so thankful to have married such a hands-on dad because it makes my life so much easier! Scott makes me and Boston so happy every single day!

You can tell by the pictures how much Scott loves being a dad. He is so adorable.

First time holding his boy.


Boston's first bath at home.


Scott couldn't wait to cuddle with Boston when he was finally done cooking under the jaundice lamps. They watched the Jazz game together this night.


Boston loves how fun his dad is.

1 comment:

Kim said...

So cute! You have a lot of great guys in your life. You are a lucky one. :)