Saturday, June 20, 2009

Boston's First Camping Trip

This past weekend we had a blast taking Boston on his first camping trip! It was so nice to enjoy being outside, have a campfire, and eat s'mores! We went with some friends from our ward, the Rasmussens and the Rovigs. The Rasmussens introduced us to new and improved s'mores, and I don't think I will ever be quite satissfied with a regular s'more again. They brought nutella to put on the s'mores! They were soooooo good!

We weren't quite sure how Boston would do with camping, so we stayed close and just went to Provo Canyon, but Boston did great and he loved camping. Boston LOVES the trees. When I take him running and we go under some trees he stares up at them with huge eyes and gets all excited. He just loves being outside. I was really worried he wouldn't sleep very well camping, but he just slept in my arms while we were all sitting around the campfire, and then when we were ready for bed he woke up for a few minutes when I put him down, but he fell back asleep and slept his normal sleep schedule. We didn't stay very long the next morning because it started to rain, so our camping trip was short and sweet. It was just right for a first camping trip, although I was a little sad we didn't get to walk to the waterfall and have a picnic. We just drove to it and ate in the car. Now that we know that Boston can handle camping we are looking forward to our next camping trip to Bryce Canyon in July! Hopefully he will sleep well on that trip too because I am doing the half-marathon down there, so I will have to wake up really early.

Here are a few pictures form our camping trip



Waking up happy and looking around the tent. He liked having some new scenery.



Sleeping like an angel



2 comments:

Reece and Lindsey said...

That was SO much fun! We definitely have to do it again sometime this summer!

Kate said...

Sounds like the first camping trip was a success. I'm glad you guys had fun and that Boston was good. I wish we would've been around to come with you guys. His Jazz outfit is really cute. It was fun seeing you the other night, thanks for coming over!