This post is a random collection of a few other things we did in Utah that I happened to take pictures of. I said it's only sort of the last post because we also took family pictures while we were there, and I'm sure I'll post those someday.
Scott and I got to attend a Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert with his parents at the Conference Center.
After the concert we walked around the new City Creek Center and ate some Godiva chocolates. The City Creek Center is pretty and awesome.
My mom and I got pedicures one day and then did some shopping while my niece babysat Boston for us. It was a fun day.
Scott and I stayed over one night at my Aunt Karla's house in Salem. We both love Salem. It's so pretty there.
While we were there we got to meet Karla's new horse, Hess.
Here's Boston playing Frog Soccer, one of my favorite childhood games, with my parents one Sunday. My mom kept a lot of our toys, so it's fun to see my own kid playing with the toys I used to play with.
We gave Kristen her birthday present while we were there. She loved her Missionary Journal.
My last night in Utah was spent at the castle park near my parents house with my whole family, except Scott because he was already on the plane back to Texas.
Summer nights like this are one of the things we miss most about Utah.
One of Boston's favorite things about our Utah trip was all the fun he had playing with his cousins. Cousins galore are way more fun to hang out with than just his mom.
Our flight home went amazingly well until we landed. Apparently there had been a bomb threat at the San Antonio airport that morning and the entire airport was shut down. We weren't allowed off the plane for awhile. I knew the flight had gone too perfectly to be true. I had already used up every last snack and piece of entertainment I could think of for Boston, so luckily the lady next to me saved the day. She introduced Boston to Angry Birds on her Kindle Fire. She really saved the day. (And Boston is now obsessed with Angry Birds. Ha ha.)
Once we did get off the plane, the airport was mad chaos. Tons of people had missed their flights and tons of people were waiting for their luggage at the same time since it got so backed up. Anyway, with how big of a mess it was, we were really lucky that the only grief it caused us was a few extra hours of waiting. (We heard on the news that night that the airport had received several calls about a bomb and the search dogs smelled something in three different cars in the parking garage, but they never found a bomb.)
Well, that wraps up my 3 week, and Scott's 2 week vacation to Utah. It was awesome. I do have to say though, after 3 weeks of nonstop fun and vacationing, it was kind of hard to come home and re-adjust back to our normal schedule. I was a little bummed and lonely for a few days. It was weird to wake up to a quiet house with no one else around. But, we are re-adjusted now and remembering how good we have it here in Texas. We love both places, and we're lucky to get to experience both.

No comments:
Post a Comment