We went to a lot of fun places while we were in Utah, but just hanging out and relaxing at Grandma and Grandpa's house was a favorite.
Boston is in love with my parent's dog, CC. The highlight of his day everyday was feeding CC and giving her treats. He tried to feed her 5 times a day, but we did our best to keep it to her usual 2 feedings a day. Although, I'm sure CC had way more dog treats in the 3 weeks Boston was there than she normally has.
The second Boston woke up every morning, he wanted to feed CC. Here he is one morning in his little pj shorts playing catch with CC.
When we got home from Utah Boston woke up the next morning and said, "I wanna feed CC." I told him CC was too far away because she was in Utah and we were in Texas. Then Boston looked all sad and said, "But she's going to be so hungry." It was sweet, but sad, so we called my mom and Boston made sure she would remember to feed CC. Ha ha. It's cute how concerned he is for CC. One of the days we were at Lagoon all day, Boston told us that we needed to go home because CC was going to be so hungry. I'm in trouble because I do not want a dog! He's already asking for one. Help.
Another cute story about CC: One night I was helping Boston say his bedtime prayers and I told him to say thank you for grandma and grandpa. He repeated, "Thank you for Grandma and Grandpa, and CC." It made us smile because everything else he had repeated verbatim.
One fun thing about Grandma and Grandpa's house is their big backyard to play in. Boston loved that. One Saturday my dad decided to rig up a slip 'n slide.
It was really fun, but it happened to be on one of the coldest days we were in Utah, so it didn't get as much use as it should have.
The boys were hesitant to try it out at first, so my dad had to show them how it was done. Is that Grandpa going down the slip 'n slide? Yes, it is. He's much braver than me. I might have tried it if it was 20 degrees warmer that day.
Boston did it once or twice, but the little Texan in him thought it was way too cold.
He preferred to watch the fun while wrapped in a towel.
Boston also got to do one of his favorite things in the world right in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard, marshmallow roasting!
Look at Boston's face. Ha ha.
He normally just burns the marshmallows, but this time he actually ate a S'more.
It was fun to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather, nice grass, and nice company!
Another thing Boston loved doing at Grandma and Grandpa Billing's house was riding the tractor, a.k.a. the lawn mower.
He sat there while my dad mowed the entire lawn. I was surprised he sat still for so long!
Thanks mom and dad for letting us stay with you for 3 weeks! Hotels don't get better than that!
1 comment:
I forget how beautiful UT grass is and how green it is. I wish my lawn looked that good! How cute how Boston fed CC every day. Ky asks for a dog all the time too and I don't ever want a dog either. We just go to Pets Mart a lot to get her fix!
Post a Comment