I was so happy that my trip to Utah happened to be during the time that my little sister, Kristen, received her mission call.
The anticipation was pretty exciting, and it just wouldn't have been the same if I had been one of the people on speaker phone, or skype. (Notice the two cell phone in front of Kristen, and the laptop.)
We had fun putting in our guesses. We even had the little boys point to a place on the map for their guesses. The most guessed place was Canada. We kind of thought she had a good chance of speaking French somewhere since my dad and aunt both served in France, and Kristen had taken some French classes.
Kristen actually won the guessing game. She had guessed Los Angeles, and her call was to San Jose, CA. We were wrong about the French speaking mission because she'll be speaking Spanish! Pretty exciting! She is scheduled to leave October 3, 2012.
I was so glad we were able to schedule Kristen's endowment session while Scott and I were still in Utah.
My whole family got to be in the temple together for the first time.
It was a special night.
Families are the best.
The following Sunday we had fun watching and laughing through The Best Two Years at my Aunt Karla's house. I love that movie, and I love Sunday family time. Good times in Utah!

No comments:
Post a Comment