A couple weeks ago Boston had his very first structured activity without his mom. I signed him up for a 3 hour gymnastics day camp because I had a groupon for it. (Groupons are coupons you can buy online and they are usually really good deals.)
On the way to his camp we stopped at the carwash, and I took a couple pictures since I had the camera with me.
This kid loves the carwash like it's a roller coaster ride. It's so cute.
Boston was so excited for his gymnastics camp. He ran right in and started doing everything like he had done it a million times before.
He had no fear and didn't mind at all that I wasn't staying.
I was a little surprised that he hopped right up to these parallel bars after watching an older kid do it. I thought he might at least hesitate for a second, or look around for me to help him. Nope. He just hopped right up.
I took some pictures and watched through the windows for awhile, and then I left for a little bit.
When I came back they were just finishing their craft which was making an Olympic torch out of a paper towel roll. They also had snack time, free play time, and some structured activities.
He loved every minute of it. I think he enjoyed the feeling of independence he got from going to a class all by himself.
It was so fun for me to see Boston behaving and acting so grown-up in a structured situation without his mommy. He's already so excited to go to school. Every time he sees a schoolbus he gets all excited and yells, "Schoolbus!" I think he's going to be so ready for preschool next year, but this year he gets to stay home with me and continue doing music class and library time. We're going to try the ABC club and some other activities at the library this year that are geared towards older kids since he's done the toddler time for two years now. I think I'll call it preschool and maybe have him where his backpack or something so he thinks he's already going to school. We'll see if that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment