It didn't take Boston very long to notice the mountains in Utah. Whenever we were driving in the car, Boston would look out the window and say, "I wanna go up in the mountains. Pleeeease?" Luckily, he got his wish the second week we were there.
We went to a cabin in Ashton, Idaho to celebrate Grandpa Barry's 60th birthday. We're so glad Grandpa Barry turned 60 and wanted to celebrate with his whole family because that's what brought us out to Utah for our awesome vacation.
Everyone in the Fitzgerald family was able to make the trip up to the cabin, so it was a fun family reunion with the 5 Fitzgerald kids, their spouses, and 16 grandkids!
We stayed in an amazing cabin that accommodated everyone comfortably. (The kids had fun going "fishing" off the balcony with some play fishing poles and rubber fish.)
The view from the back balcony was gorgeous, so the big porch was a favorite hang out.
Plus it had a big, comfy hammock to chill in.
Boston met his newest cousin Beckham at the cabin. (He kind of looks like a doll in this picture, but he's real!) Every time Boston saw me holding Beckham, he had to come hold him too. He even helped feed him a bottle. It was so cute to watch him beam with pride while he was feeding him.
One night at the cabin we got to see a slideshow of Heidi and Barry's trip to Jerusalem. It looks like an amazing place to visit.
Scott got to go fishing a couple times, and he even caught a yummy one! I'm still working on teaching myself to like fish, so I tried my first bite of fresh trout after a little convincing from Scott, and it was pretty good. It probably would have been even better if I hadn't seen it before it was cleaned and cooked. :)
I got to go four wheeling with Boston while Scott was out fishing.
I had to keep him distracted and away from the little motor bike because he wanted to ride it so bad. I didn't want him following in my footsteps and breaking some bones thinking he could fly like the guys at the rodeo. (Long story short, I hopped on a motor bike when I was 9 before I even knew where the brake was and ended up breaking my collar bone.)
Four wheeling is one of my favorite things in the world, especially when the view is this gorgeous.
There was one spot we rode to that had a perfect view of the Grand Tetons.
S'mores. :)
A favorite hang out for all the cousins at the cabin was a big pile of wood that they transformed into their clubhouse.
Boston spent hours over here. He was in little boy heaven. It was awesome.
We got to do a family four wheeling ride the morning we left the cabin since Scott was fishing the other times we went.
We also went to Yellowstone and Mesa Falls during our stay in Ashton, but I'll have to post those pictures next because this post is getting long. Thanks Barry and Heidi for planning such and awesome birthday party and letting us enjoy it with you!


No comments:
Post a Comment