Friday, August 3, 2012

The First of Many Utah Posts

3 weeks has never gone by so fast. I can't believe how much we crammed in during our vacation to Utah. Boston and I went out a week before Scott, and then he joined us for the last 2 weeks. It had been 1.5 years since we'd been home, so we really enjoyed every minute of this trip. 


We didn't waste any time getting started on the fun. We were at Lagoon by the time it opened the morning after Boston and I flew in. 


It was nice and hot the first few days we were in Utah, although I thought the dry heat felt better than the humid heat we left behind in Texas. Plus it cooled down to the heavenly Summer night temperatures. Utah Summer nights are my favorite. 


Kristen, Matt, Jessica, Justin, Ethan, Alex, and my parents all joined in on the Lagoon fun. We got the bounce-back passes so we could go again once Scott got to Utah. 


The first half of the day was spent watching the 3 grandsons ride kiddie rides, and then a few of the adults went back later that night for the bigger rides.. 


Boston loved the bumper cars. I think they were one of his favorite rides, even though he hasn't quite figured out how to drive them yet. (He spent a lot of time going in circles. )

Jessica and Ethan
Justin and Alex


Here's the night crew (Matt's taking the pic) waiting in line for the best ride ever, Wicked. 



This picture has a crazy story behind it. It was 10PM and Lagoon was about to close, but I decided to jump in line with Kristen at the Samurai for one last ride. When I got off this ride, I stuck my hand in my pocket as we were leaving and realized my phone was no longer there. I was shocked that it had slipped out of my pocket even though I thought it was nice and snug, plus the lap bar was on top of it. I guess anything can happen on a ride as spinny and flippy as that. We had a Lagoon crew of about 7 people searching everywhere around the ride for us. It was dark, and no one found anything, so they told us to come back in the morning. I was so bummed that I was going to be without a phone for my entire Utah trip. Just as we were about to leave Lagoon, an employee came running up with the back piece of my phone and asked if it was mine. I was so excited, even though it was only one tiny piece of my phone. He showed us where he found that piece, and then we miraculously found the rest of my phone nearby. And then we found the battery for my phone in another spot. I put all the pieces back together, and guess what? It worked! How's that for a cool story. I couldn't believe it actually worked. Thanks to the nice Lagoon employee, Xander, I had a phone the rest of my Utah trip. Now I can't ever say I'm not a lucky person because there was some major luck going my way that night. 


Here we are one week later back at Lagoon, but this time with Scott, and it was a little less hot too. The first time it got up to the 100's, but the second time it stayed in the 90's. 




We took Boston on the tidal wave, one of the few adult rides that he could go on, and he loved it, even though it doesn't look like it in the picture. He actually laughed and smiled the whole time, but we took the picture after the ride and he didn't want to cooperate. 



There were a lot of rides that were fun for both the adults and the kids to go on together. 






We thought this sign was funny. I'm glad it was there because I was pretty tempted to sit on that fence until I saw that sign. 


One of our favorite things we did at Lagoon was the Pioneer Village old fashioned photo. 



It was fun getting all dressed up, and the boys looked so cute in their outfits. Boston's smile in this picture cracks me up. 

It was fun going to Lagoon again. It brought back some childhood memories, and it was fun to be there with my own child this time! 

No comments: