Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stay-cation with Grandma and Papa Fitz

Grandma and Papa Fitz came to visit us from Utah Valentine's week, and we had a fun stay-cation spending time with them, and exploring fun places near our new home in San Antonio!


Scott was able to get the week off of work, and he picked his parents up at the airport Valentine's night on his way home from work. We had dinner together, and then watched an old Sandra Bullock movie called Love Potion #9. It was in the redbox, we were trying to be Valentine festive, and we all like Sandra Bullock, but it turned out to be laughably awful. Must have been one of Sandra's first movies before she was good enough to be in good movies or something. Anyway, we still had a good Valentine's day, we just wouldn't recommend Love Potion #9 to anyone.



The next day we went to New Braunfels where Scott's parents had booked their time share for a few nights. While we were up there we did some shopping at the huge outlet mall in San Marcos. We all scored a few good deals.


We liked the cute small town Texas feel of the time share we stayed in! I love small towns! Scott and I both love them, so maybe we'll live in one someday.



After a long day of shopping we had worked up a good appetite for this cute restaurant called the Gristmill that's right on the river. We got to sit outside, and the weather was perfect. The Fitzgeralds came at just the right time because it was mid 70's all week!





I can't remember the exact history behind this building (Gruene Hall), but I think it's one of the oldest dance halls in Texas, and a lot of big country stars played here before they became big country stars.




Here's Boston doing some morning pilates with his mama. It makes me laugh when I'm doing pilates and he walks up and tries to copy what I'm doing. It also makes me laugh when I'm trying to do push-ups and he climbs on to my back. He just likes to be right in the middle of things.



We saw this awesome red truck while we were shopping around New Braunfels. It fits right in with the style of the town. We did a lot of antique shopping in this town. Scott even got a Lebron James rookie card for his birthday from his parents!





This picture is so cute! Boston loved having his grandparents here to visit all week.



Just trying on some cowboy hats outside one of the stores. The streets were lined with all sorts of unique stores. It was really fun to walk around and browse in all the stores, especially since the weather was so nice!




Could he get any cuter? I know I'm biased.



We had to buy him this cowboy hat so he could where it to the rodeo that weekend. He just looked too cute in it. Then we tried to teach him to say things like "Yee-haw," "howdy cowboy," and "hey ya'll." He was pretty good at the "yee-haw," but the others are still a little hard to understand.


After a day of exploring New Braunfels, we went back to our time share, watched Inception, introduced Scott's parents to the famous Texas Bluebell ice-cream, and went to bed. The next day we went to a little German town called Fredericksburg. We ate at this cute German cafe (where we unknowingly all wore the same color).



Tabasco. That's our little tough guy. Don't worry, he didn't really try it, but he did try some of Grandpa's sauerkraut much to his dislike.


We had another good day exploring the cute German town! Boston found himself a Texas snowman! Just soakin in the tub trying to get cool.

The next day we drove to Austin. We loved Austin! I'll be posting a few pictures from that day soon!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey awesome we go to new bransfel with our family every year with our family! Love it! Glad you guys are liking it so much in Texas! I wish we hadn't moved would of loved hanging out! One day we will make it back! I cant believe how big boston is- such a hansom boy!