Friday, February 4, 2011

Blog Book 2010

After ordering 2010's blog book I was so excited and anxious for it to get here that I felt like a little kid again waiting for Christmas morning. I know it's just a blog book, but it took me so long to make that I was excited to see all the work finished, and in one book that I can hold in my hands. I followed the shipping information online and knew that I could expect it on Saturday January 24th. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high for that day though because I knew mail might not come on Saturdays. That didn't stop me from giddily checking the mail that day though, hoping to find my blog book. I wasn't too surprised when the mailbox was empty. Later that night I left Scott at home with Boston so I could do some birthday shopping for him. ***(I have another story about that that I'll write at the bottom.)*** Anyway, when I got home, for some odd reason I saw a box in the garbage can that caught my eye. I don't normally examine the garbage can, but I guess I had eyes like a hawk that day for anything resembling a package containing my blog book. I quickly snatched the box from the garbage can, held it up to Scott, and said, "What's this!!? Did my blog book come?" He was a little disappointed that I had noticed that in the garbage can, and he also thought it was so weird that I noticed it. The FedEx guy had come while I was out shopping and Scott hid the book hoping to surprise me with it later. I ruined his surprise, and I made him go get the book right that second and look at it with me. It's so fun having this and being able to look back on all the good times we had with Boston over the past year!!! Here are a few pictures of our 2010's book!


Back cover













***So now I'll tell the little story about leaving Scott to go shopping the night this book came... Right before I left I told Scott I would put some leftover enchiladas in the oven to warm up for him. As I was driving home from the mall the thought occurred to me that I hoped Scott didn't take too long putting Boston to bed and let the enchiladas burn. However, the thought didn't occur to me that he would completely forget about the enchiladas and leave them in the oven the entire time I was shopping (about 2 hours)! That thought only occurred to me when I opened the door to a house that wreaked like burnt, and was full of smoke. You might be wondering how in the world Scott didn't notice that the enchiladas were turning to charcoal in the oven about 10 feet away from him? Well, let me tell you. He was in manland. You know that faraway place all our husbands and dads go when they're watching sports or on their laptops? Well, he was doing both. Working on his laptop and watching sports. I quickly turned the oven off, pulled the enchiladas out, and welcomed Scott back to earth. I told him he almost burned the house down, but he said he would have eventually noticed, and in his defense he said it wasn't very smokey where he was sitting, and I guess he had a stuffy nose. All is well now. The house smells normal again, I finally cleaned the burnt pan, and we are enjoying where we live. Just a funny little story for ya'll. P.S. amazingly, the fire alarm didn't even wake Boston up!


4 comments:

Camille said...

Haha! Funny story! Why do all guys get so sucked up in manland?!? Good thing you saved the day :)

Jennica and Preston said...

Your book looks so cute! What website do you use to make it?

Heidi F said...

Funny story about "manland"! Absolutely crazy how that happens to guys. Your book looks incredible. Congrats on all your work. It really is priceless!

Shaylee said...

Your book looks awesome! You are my inspiration to get going on ours. Wish me luck!