Monday, February 28, 2011

Austin




We got to visit the capitol of Texas while Scott's parents were here and learn more about this state we now live in. While we were in Austin we went to a museum and learned a little more about the history of Texas. We also watched a movie about Texas in the Imax theater. I must say I was impressed. I guess I can see where all this "Texas pride" people talk about comes from. I learned a lot about Texas during that movie that I didn't know before. There's a lot of fun stuff to do here! It would be pretty hard to get bored here!



This is a picture of the ceiling from inside the capitol building. It was a pretty awesome looking building.







We ate at the cutest, most delicious restaurant right on the river in Austin! It was so good and so fun that it just might be worth driving an hour and a half to eat there again! If only we lived closer...They also have the most awesome park and running trails right on the river. We've heard all this talk about how great Austin is ever since we moved here to San Antonio and I didn't really understand what could be so great about it. After all, we have the Riverwalk and SeaWorld and such, but after spending only half a day in Austin I kind of wish we lived there. Don't get me wrong, we love San Antonio too, and we're just grateful Austin is within driving distance.



The restaurant we went to was called Hula Hut, so any Texans that read this that want to visit Austin, go to Hula Hut! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Scott said it was one of his new favorite restaurants. We have very different taste in foods, so it's kind of amazing that both Scott and I added this to our favorites list.



We sat outside on the deck to eat, and had a nice view of the water. With all the palm trees, nice weather, and Hawaiian food, it felt like a mini tropical getaway! I've never been to Hawaii or anything, so I'm probably pretty easy to please that way.


Poor Boston was such a trooper all week. He didn't have a nap for 3 days straight, and he had to do a lot of sitting, shopping, and eating, or I guess watching us eat. I don't think those were the first things on his to do list, but he was surprisingly good all week!




Thanks Grandma and Papa for coming to visit us! We had so much fun exploring Texas with you!

2 comments:

Jaylynn said...

Loved all the pics of Boston and his girlfriend, the rodeo, and visit from mom and dad. Cute stuff! I still want you to email me and tell me how your AFAA cert went!

Heidi F said...

Loved the pictures. They brought back great memories. We love you guys.