Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday Boys

Even though we celebrated Boston's birthday while we were in Utah, I still wanted to do something special on his actual birthday. That morning we stayed home and spent some quality time together rockin out to Sesame Street tunes on his new CD player, and shooting hoops. He also had a couple phone calls from some friends and family to sing him happy birthday, and he received a couple birthday cards in the mail from his great-grandmas!


"Don't bother me, I'm busy."
That night we took him to Cupcake Couture, a little slice of heaven!! It was so good! I highly recommend it, and so does Boston!




I've been trying to eat healthy as I train for my marathon this coming April, but this was so good I didn't even feel guilty about eating 2 1/2 cupcakes that night.


We let Boston open a couple presents from us that night as well. He got some new shoes, socks, a bedtime and playtime CD, a book, and an interactive Elmo book with a camera on it.





He's so much fun! We love being the parents of this cute kid.


Now for the other birthday boy, Scott!
I made him open his presents at 6:30 in the morning as soon as I got home from running ( I've been getting my runs done in the mornings most days! Wahoo! It's just me, Full House, and Saved by the Bell in those wee hours of the morning. Wish there was something better on at that time, but I must say I quite enjoy Saved by the Bell.) I couldn't wait until he got home from work. I always get so excited to give people their presents, I'm probably more excited than the person receiving them. I didn't get him anything too exciting, just some shirts, socks, and a new wallet, but I was still excited to see if he liked them. His birthday is right after Christmas, and right before Valentine's Day, so it's always hard to think of stuff to get him! It's just hard to think of stuff to get him period. The real thing he wanted for his birthday was a renewal of his Apple Developer registration, so he got that as well. If you're wondering what the heck that is, it's so he can continue to make more iphone and ipad apps. If you don't already have his app and you know anyone that likes basketball, then go get it! It's still free right now! It is called MyStatBox.




When he got home from work we headed over to one of his favorite restaurants, Smashburger. I'd never been there before, and I probably never would have gone there if it hadn't been the birthday boy's request, but I have to say I was impressed, and I liked it! The people were really nice, they even gave us free shakes because we were there celebrating Scott's, and Boston's friend Kylie's birthdays.



After Smashburger we came back to our house to have some of Scott's favorite cake, wacky cake with no frosting. A few of his friends from work came as well, and they played some ESPN Scene It.


Yep, he's 27. We are getting old! We're always surprised when we see 18 year olds and think they can't be 18, they look too young. Then we realize it's not them looking too young, it's just us getting old. I don't think it's quite sunk in to us that we are all grown up now. Ha ha. We aren't students anymore, we have a 2 year old, and Scott is a real working man!



Here is Scott with some of the other IT guys at USAA. The one in the orange shirt is Kelly, who he plays basketball with a lot, and the one in the blue shirt is Brandon, who actually used to live where we live now! They are in our ward, and we bought their apartment contract from them because they found a house. (And this picture just made me realize how bad our blinds look. They are super cheap blinds, and cats plus kids don't mix well with chintzy blinds.) Anyway, It was a great day! Scott is an amazing husband and dad, and we hope he feels like one! He makes us so happy, and we love him!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that birthdays in your family are always a big deal and so much fun! Happy birthday to your boys!

Jaylynn said...

Happy birthday to the cute boys! Scott looks so skinny! But I guess that's what happens when you're more interested in man-land than dinner!