The Bostonater has been eating his veggies, and a little bit of everything else too. He's always been around the 20th percentile for weight and the 50th for height, but now he's moved up to the 35th percentile for weight at 26 pounds, and 75th percentile for height at 35.5 inches. He's going to be tall! He's also got huge hands and feet for his age. Scott got to be Mr. Mom last Friday and take him to his 2 year check-up. He took the day off work because I had registered for an AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) workshop to get my group exercise certification. I've been wanting to do this for years, and I'm so happy I finally got the opportunity and guts to do it! It was a long day of exercising and test taking from 9-5, but I really enjoyed it! Now I just need to wait for my certification to come in the mail and find a job!
Boston enjoys wearing his super hero cape that his cousin Cade gave him, and he recently got some cool new shades from Grandma Fitz that add nicely to this look.
We had such a fun Sunday with Boston on Super Bowl Sunday. We had Stake Conference that day, so we enjoyed being home from church by 12:30 as opposed to 6:00. That gave us plenty of time for naps, a drive , and a walk at O.P. Schnabel (a park near us with nature paths). The weather was heavenly that day and Scott and I were feeling grateful to be living in Texas where we could enjoy a walk like that in February! We LOVE winter here! After our walk we came home and made some snacks for the Super Bowl, and Boston actually let us cuddle with him! We were loving it! Boston sitting with us for more than 5 second intervals is a treat. We loved our lazy relaxing Sunday with our cute Boston!
Here's Boston on another Sunday when he was sick. This kid gets sick a lot! It's not fun. He put his tonka truck on the couch and got comfortable sitting in it during his movie. I thought he looked so cute and content up there.
Here's yet another sick day. We were trying to pass some time and make staying home all day a little more interesting, so I pulled out his Spiderman sleeping bag and super hero cape so he could add some spice to his boring sick day. It helped for about ten minutes. We are grateful that this sickness didn't turn in to another ear infection! He's healthy now, and I hope it stays that way for a long time. We don't like the constant antibiotics!
Well let's see what else this little guy has been up to besides getting sick. He loves reading stories now. That's definitely a new thing. It used to be impossible to get him to sit still long enough to read even the shortest book, but now he'll sit on my lap and let me read 5+ stories in a row. I love it. He says "bless you" every time someone sneezes and it's really cute. He's much better at talking to people on the phone, and demands a turn every time he sees us talking to someone on our phones. He's getting better at sharing and being nice (thank goodness). He was kind of a punk there for awhile beating up on any kid no matter how big or small that crossed his path. He's starting to like other movies besides Elmo (thank goodness again). He loves Toy Story 3, Tarzan, and sometimes Kung Fu Panda and Cars. He gets really really mad if you don't let him throw his own diaper away after you change him. If you don't want to hear him scream, then you better make sure you hand him that diaper and walk him to the back door where we keep the diaper genie. He loves to help in any way he can, with laundry, unloading the dishwasher, or getting things for us. It's actually really nice being able to tell him simple commands that he can follow. Oh, and he's learned the word share to his advantage. If I have something that he wants he says, "mine. share." As you can probably imagine that makes teaching the concept of sharing and being an example of it myself kind of tricky. For example, when I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere, he always wants my make-up, and starts to demand, "Mine! Share!" Or he'll stand up on the toilet next to the make-up mirror I use and turn it towards himself so I can't see in t anymore and say, "share." Makes getting ready a whole lot slower. Anyway, there's a few things about the little Bos man. He keeps getting cuter and cuter. We love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment