Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cowboy Up


Rodeo time is a pretty big deal here in San Antonio, and Scott and I love rodeos, so we took advantage of the celebrations and went twice! Rodeos were among some of the first dates Scott and I went on together the summer we met, so they bring back lots of good memories. Especially the one where I tried to nonchalantly scoot away from Scott during the kiss cam so we wouldn't look like a couple. Ha ha. My nonchalantness wasn't so nonchalant because he totally noticed and called me out on it. We laugh about that every time we're at a place that has a kiss cam.



Last week Grandma and Papa Fitz came to visit (more updates on that coming), and we ended it with this fun trip to the rodeo. We took Boston in the morning to the petting zoo and the carnival. Then we got a sitter for the night and headed back for the rodeo and a Martina McBride concert!


This picture just makes me laugh. I'm such a nerd.


Boston had fun at the petting zoo, but he was pretty hesitant and nervous to get too close to the animals.



He eventually pet a few of them with much prompting from me.




Here we are with the big pregnant pig. I never would have guessed how coarse pigs were. They always look so cute and soft and pink in all the pictures.



Boston decided he was tired of the petting zoo, so we headed over to some rides.



He loved the merry-go-round as always.



The spinny whale ride was also a hit, although it made me kind of nauseous. I'm such a wimp now. I used to be able to handle any ride, now even the baby ones make me sick!



Train ride with Grandma!



We had some extra tickets, so Scott and I decided to race down this slide. Ready. Set. Go!



Here I am kicking Scott's butt, and here Scott is trying to be all aerodynamic. I thoroughly enjoyed this slide. As you can see by the picture, it brought the inner 5 year old inside me right out.



OK, so I didn't kick Scott's butt, but I still beat him.



I guess his aerodynamic posture payed off a little.



Here we are at the rodeo and Martina McBride concert later that night. I didn't scoot away from him this time when the kiss cam came on. It didn't spotlight us, but if it did I would have been ok with that.


The next two pictures are from the saturday before when we went to the rodeo with some friends. We saw Clay Walker that night.

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

Oh that really was a fun day! Aren't pictures a wonderful way to relive the fun times!