Friday, July 2, 2010

Rain, Mud, and Ugly Ducks




See I told you they were ugly, and big too! That thing they say about everything being bigger in Texas, well it's true. They have bugs here the size of small mice. Someday I'll post pictures of the interesting things I've seen in Texas that I would never see in Utah.


The baby ducks weren't ugly though. Cute as could be.




But not quite as cute as these two. These guys are going to be best buddies this summer. They're just two weeks apart (she has the same birthday as Lexi).

I think Boston found himself a girlfriend. Kiley is pretty much the girl version of Boston. They are both very hyperactive. So far they've been swimming at Sea World, played at the park, played at the gym daycare, fed the ducks, and had a couple play dates. Whenever we get together Kiley is constantly saying "Where's Boston?" It's really cute.



We met Kiley and her mom Stacey the second Sunday at church. It's been so fun to have someone my age to hang out with that also has a baby Boston's age. Stacey and I have a lot in common and clicked from the first time we talked.



Aren't these two so cute together?





Boston liked the baby duck.





There's Satcey in the background. She's the one that introduced me to the awesome gym that I love. Stacey and her husband are in the military and have lived here for 9 months now. (Pretty much everyone that lives in San Antonio either works for USAA or is in the military. Seems like it anyway.)


It's nice to have someone to show me all the fun places and things to do in Texas. I never would have known this duck pond was here if it weren't for her. She also took me to a cool shopping place the other day. That's when I got lost and ended up in a completely random place about an hour away from our house. She had to leave a few minutes before me because Kiley had had it. I told her no big deal, I would type my home address in to my GPS and make it back just fine. Well I did make it back just fine...eventually. It just took me three times as long. I'm clueless when it comes to directions. Long story short, the GPS got bumped and turned off so I just kept driving and driving in the completely wrong direction since it wasn't telling me to make any turns.






Cute little attitude.




Hey mom. What up?



Wait up ducky.


We are excited to go back when it's not rainy and muddy. We all ended up covered in mud by the end of this short little trip. It has been raining all week here due to hurricane Alex. I love that you can still go outside in shorts and a t-shirt even when it's raining here. I'm getting used to the heat and starting to like it too! I love that when I walk outside early in the morning to workout the humidity feels like a warm blanket. Makes getting out of bed really early not so hard (sort of). I'm becoming a weakling to the cold. Scott laughs at me when I need a blanket to watch a movie in our 75 degree house. We have also been taking advantage of the not so hot days to play at the park. In Utah everyone takes advantage of the warm days to go to the park. In Texas we take advantage of the "cool" days to go to the park. I decided all the playgrounds around here were built for the winter because most days they are so hot the kids would get burned if they tried to play on them.
More updates coming soon!

4 comments:

shauna said...

The kids look so cute with the ducks. Great pictures. Love Boston's shorts too :)

Kim said...

It's so great to hear updates on what you are doing. Those pictures of Boston and Kiley are adorable!

Jill said...

Cute cute. I love all the stories, pictures and updates. You're like me, I am sitting here in my jacket! The AC is too cold inside and it's too hot outside. I can't get comfortable anywhere. Anyways, glad you guys are having so much fun!

Reeve family said...

Such cute pictures you took!!! We definitely have to go when it's not raining. I still feel bad you got so lost on the way home from Homegoods. But now you know how to get there!