Sunday, July 25, 2010

18 Months!

Stats:

Weight: 23.4 pounds (20%)
Height: 32.5 inches (55%)
Head: 47.7

We are still working on getting Boston to talk. How do you make a kid talk that doesn't want to talk? I wish we could. However, he is responding to simple commands now like point to your nose, tongue, belly button, etc. He is also very good at folding his arms before dinner for prayers. He understands a lot more than he says. We have heard him say a few words such as bye (as he waves bye), quack, and woof. Everything else he does is using body language (or just throwing a tantrum) to communicate. If you ask him how old he is he'll hold up his pointer finger. It's really cute. I can't wait until he starts talking! It would make life a lot easier.


Enjoy some random pictures I've taken of Boston throughout the month!



He thinks this cabinet is his little playhouse. He waves bye-bye, and then gets inside and shuts the door. It's adorable.



It's just his size.





He loves to put sunglasses, glasses, goggles etc. on. These are Scott's glasses that he found. He looks crazy old and sophisticated in this picture. Way beyond his mere 18 months of life!




Cutest little nerd I ever saw.



He's our water baby.



And he's also the king of dancing. He was born with moves because Scott and I sure didn't teach him those.









This is a fun place to play at the gym I go to. It's called the splash pad.






Kiley is Boston’s best little buddy. They are so cute together. We’ve had people ask us if they are twins when Stacie and I go places together.

We thoroughly enjoyed Sunday School, Priesthood, and Relief Society without our never ending ball of energy. He did great in nursery for the most part. We’ll see how long that lasts. Boston is always excited for new things, but loses that excitement after the first few times. He is going through the screaming and clinging phase when I drop him off at the gym daycare now. The first few times I brought him he couldn’t get out of my arms fast enough. I’m pretty sure it’s only a matter of time before he’ll start screaming when we take him to nursery. I'm going to soak in Relief Society for the next few weeks while I can because I just got called to be a primary teacher! I'm going to teach the 8-9 year olds. That will be a fun age. Scott still has not got a calling yet, so he's enjoying priesthood for a few weeks as well!

5 comments:

Reeve family said...

18 months!!! Where has the time gone... what I always ask myself with Kylie! Cute pictures and I love them one with both Ky and Boston! And we are super excited to have you in Primary with us, you will love it!

Camille said...

oh congrats on the calling! you WILL be a great teacher. I love those pictures with Boston wearing the glasses -- he is so adorable!

Christina said...

I feel your frustration with the lack of talking. We have found that teaching Jackson a few signs has helped. He knows how to say quite a few words but doesn't really like to talk. I don't get it! I am hoping he will start talking consistently soon! Good luck! Congrats on the new calling! That will be fun (and challenging some days Im sure)

Ashley said...

Hey Fitz Family! Thank goodness for blogs or we'd never be able to keep in touch with old intramural buddies or high school friends. Hope you guys are doing well. Your little boy is adorable! We love the name Boston. So cute!

Heidi F said...

Boston looks adorable. Sure miss that kid! Sounds like things are going well though especially now that he is nursery age! Yippee. Enjoy Primary too. It is the Celestial Kingdom of the church. :)