July 5th was such a good/busy day that I think it deserves it’s own post.
It started with my favorite class at the gym. I got a pass to a gym called YMCA and I absolutely love it, and so does Boston! They have an awesome daycare with a fun treehouse that Boston loves to play in. I think it’s been really good for him to be around other kids and learn how to play. I’ve noticed that he’s been playing with his toys a lot better when we are at home now. I think that’s partly due to having a bigger apartment and more room for him to play, and partly due to seeing how all the other kids play with their toys at the daycare. I also like being able to get a good workout in without having to entertain Boston at the same time. I love the instructors that teach the classes, and everyone that works out there is really friendly. Having a more social exercising experience makes it so much more enjoyable! My friend Stacey goes to the gym at the same time as me almost everyday and we usually do the same classes. My favorite class that I mentioned above is called Trek. It’s really similar to spinning classes, except it’s on a treadmill. We do different intervals of speed and hills, and sometimes we do we take turns getting off the treadmill to do various stations of lunges, squats, sit-ups etc. It helps push me out of my comfort zone that I’ve been training at for years and I love it! It will also be nice for Scott to have more Saturday mornings free to get stuff done because I can take Boston with me to the gym on Saturdays too. Last Saturday he went to get one of our cars cleaned which hadn’t been done in years! That made me really happy! Our poor cars are severely neglected.

After the gym I got a surprise visit from the manager of our apartment complex. She showed up on my doorstep holding some beautiful flowers for me and a cute stuffed animal for Boston. Don’t worry there’s a story behind this. The manager doesn’t usually go around surprising tenants with gorgeous flowers, although that would be awesome. They were apology flowers because they were pretty rude to me one morning. It’s a long story, so I’ll make it as short as possible. I had requested pest control a couple times for an ant problem we had been having (thank goodness it wasn’t rats this time right?). I was going insane vacuuming 3 times a day sometimes because I couldn’t seem to get rid of the dang ants. They were in my purse, on Boston’s dresser, on our couch, and the last straw was when they had a little ant party in our graham cracker and ritz boxes. Anyway, that was a little tangent. Back to why I got flowers. I had left my key with the apartment office one night because they needed to make a copy of it so pest control could get in to our house. I went to the office first thing the next morning to get my key back because I needed to leave my apartment and didn’t want to leave it unlocked. The office door was locked but I could see them in there, so I knocked. They ignored me. It was 9:00 and the office is scheduled to open at 9:00, so I knocked again. This time a lady walked toward me and taped a sign in front of my face saying that they weren’t opening until 9:30 that day. Didn’t even bother to show me the common courtesy of opening the door for one second to at least tell me in person that they needed to have a meeting and would therefore be opening 30 minutes later that day. The worst part was that I was making eye contact with her and holding up my key with an urgent look on my face. She didn’t even bother to ask me what was so urgent. It would have taken her one second to walk back and get my key, but instead she stuck a sign in my face and walked away. I could go on, but that’s the gist of it. I was pretty offended. I was so offended that I wrote the manager an email telling her how I felt. All I wanted was an email back saying they were sorry for treating me so rudely, but instead I got a personal visit and some flowers! That was more than enough to make me happy! I really like these apartments. She also sent pest control over that day to treat our apartment for ants! It was only about noon by that time, but I could already tell it was going to be a GOOD day! Plus, did I mention Scott had the day off work?
(Our ant problem has been a MILLION times better since pest control came. I’m so happy that I don’t have to clean up never ending ants anymore! I even made up a song and sang it to Scott. It goes a little something like this, “The ants are slowly dying HOORAH HOORAH! The ants are slowly dying HOORAH HOORAH.....” I’ll stop there.)

Already a pretty good day right? It gets better! We sold our dresser!!!! I have been wanting that giant thing out of our kitchen for a month now! We were sad to have to get rid of it because it’s a nice dresser, but it didn’t fit in our bedroom. It also didn’t look so nice in our kitchen.

We ended up selling it for $110 which we were very happy with, especially since we first listed it for $75. Then we bought this little beauty for $130 on clearance! It was normally $300, so we really scored a deal on this, and I love it! It’s much smaller, but it works for what we need it for, and when we have a house I think it will be a really pretty entryway table!
July 5th also turned out to be a successful decorating day. I’m sure Scott’s just as happy as I am that we finally finished decorating because that means I won’t be dragging him to home decor stores night after night and making him hang things up and take them down all night long anymore. When his guy friends ask him what he’s been up to lately his answer is, “We either decorate the house or go to Sea World.” Poor guy. He’s such a good husband. But the decorating is done for quite a while now! I did some shopping at Hobby Lobby and Kirklands and found the last few things we needed to finish our living room and kitchen. It’s amazing the cute stuff you can find on the 80% off isle at Hobby Lobby! I was so proud of my home decor bargain shopping, and I love our apartment now. The only room that isn’t done is our bedroom, and Boston’s room needs a little work too, but I’m happy with our living room, kitchen, and bathrooms!


After the home decor shopping we all went to Sea World for some swimming! Boston absolutely loves the teeter-totter! We realized that day that we can drive to Sea World and back about 4 times in the same amount of time it takes us to drive to church once. (We had to turn around a couple times because we forgot things and went the wrong way once.) We love how close we live to Sea World because even if we only have one hour to go swim or see a show it’s worth it to us!
Such a good day! It deserved it’s own post don’t you think?
1 comment:
So fun to catch up on all you having been doing. And I'm glad you had such a good day! Boston looks like he loves the water. Fun times in Texas!
Post a Comment