Friday, July 9, 2010

Celebrating 3 Years With Our Heads in the Clouds



See what I mean? It was quite the elevator ride all the way up to the restaurant at the top!




We ate at the Tower of Americas restaurant and enjoyed spending time with just each other. Our friends Russ and Camille came over to babysit Boston for us that night. On the way to the restaurant Scott and I were trying to think of the last time we went out on a nice date together besides the temple without Boston and we seriously couldn’t think of one besides our last anniversary! We’ve definitely been out to eat and done some fun things together since then, but we were either with other people or had Boston with us. Alone time is far and few in between, but it just makes it that much better when it actually happens!



They gave us a menu to keep that said Happy Anniversary on it. We are going to highlight the things we ordered. It will be cool to look back at it forever from now and see what we ate and how much we spent.



Scott looking handsome in the new black dress shirt I bought him. I love living 1 mile away from Marshalls and Ross! It came with a black tie too, but it needed to be ironed and we don't have an ironing board. Shows how much we iron things huh?



The brown notebook Scott is holding is a new tradition I decided to start this year. Instead of giving each other cards for every special occasion that will continue to pile up in shoe boxes, I thought we could use this journal to write each other notes or letters on special occasions. I also think it will be fun to keep ticket stubs and pictures of fun things we do together in here. I wrote Scott a letter and put pictures of our first two anniversaries in there. We are really excited to fill this baby up!



I gave Scott a gift card for a day out at the Alamo Golf Club. He’s always so nice to let me have girls nights, but he never has guy time, so I thought he deserved a long day out with some guys. He also got two new golf shirts that he can wear to work as well as golfing.


Scott gave me a sweet puppy card and a stuffed puppy. I have a soft spot for puppies, but I don’t actually want a real one. They are too stinky and messy. That’s what kids are for right? Whenever there is a stand somewhere with people selling puppies I make Scott pull over so we can hold them. So that's the story behind the puppy picture.




The view of the city from the restaurant was so pretty, and what made it even better was that it changed throughout the night! This restaurant is slowly spinning in a circle. You can’t even really tell you are moving. I wonder if I would have even noticed if Scott hadn’t mentioned it. We didn’t quite make it all the way around, but I think we got about half way.



Before we left we bought a picture frame that said Tower of Americas on it. We are trying to buy picture frames of all the special places we go to together. Some day we’ll have an awesome collection of picture frames and pictures of us in them from various places we’ve been throughout the years!




Oh, I can’t forget to mention our scare with the camera. Right when we got to the restaurant I wanted a picture of us in front of the pretty fountains outside before it got dark. That’s when we realized our camera battery was dead. I almost wanted to cry. I couldn’t believe we didn’t have a camera for our anniversary, and for the nicest restaurant we’d ever eaten at! Luckily our waiter found an outlet for us so we could charge the camera! Saved the day! So, a dark picture in front of the fountains was better than no picture!


Our waiter (and Scott) talked us in to getting this award winning dessert. I didn’t think any dessert that small could taste good enough to be worth $14, but I guess it was worth it. Only once a year though!



When we got home from the restaurant we watched our wedding video. We also realized that we've now celebrated more anniversaries in Texas than Utah. Weird! We had a spectacular night! Can't wait til next 7/7!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like a fun anniversary together! Glad you guys had a good time. I started that same notebook idea for Zak last year and have loved it, so nice to have them all in the same spot.

Camille said...

Yay!! Congrats again! 3 years is quite an achievement... and so many more to come. And again, you looked beautiful!!