Thursday, July 8, 2010

Independence Day the Texas Way

July 4th definitely felt different this year being on a Sunday AND not being with family. It was also the first year we didn’t see any big firework shows because we have a toddler that turns in to a monster when we mess with his sleep schedule.



So we passed up the late night firework shows and did a little fireworking of our own. Missing the big shows was well worth having a happy, well rested Boston.


Plus check out this grand finale!


While our Independence Day was very different this year, it was still a lot of fun!

Sunday our friends, the Reeves, invited us over to their house for a BBQ. After some yummy dinner and flag cake we went outside for a few fireworks. Then we went to a patriotic fireside that our stake put on.




Boston wanted to show everyone that he got another bottom tooth!



He found the basketball. He's his daddy's boy.




Look at that strut.



I thought Boston's face was cute in this picture. He sees a bird way up in the sky. Never mind the fireworks. He's happy with watching the birds. By the way, thanks Jill for the cute necklace! I wore it all weekend!




The girls.



The best cooperation I could get from the guys for a picture. They didn't want to put their arms around each other and smile like the girls. Go figure.



Alright these next pictures are for Shantelle's family because she forgot her camera, but I also thought it was funny when I noticed Scott and Boston in the background. Watch how fast Boston can move in just 3 short clicks of a camera. It's pretty funny.





We also went to Sea World on Saturday July 3rd for some swimming, playground playing, and show watching.




Boston's favorite thing to do at the Sea World water park, the teeter-totter.





He could sit on that thing all day.



We are so grateful to already have so many good friends here! It’s nice to have “family” to do things with on holidays! We missed seeing our family in Utah this July 4th though!

2 comments:

Reeve family said...

I loved the "grand finale" picture of the fireworks!!! Cute pictures!

Camille said...

That was quite the weekend for you guys! So, I thought I would let you know that I stole the picture of the girls and replaced the one I had posted on our blog -- your camera is SO much better!! Thanks :)