Scott and I take turns planning our anniversaries, and this year was Scott's turn. I like Scott's turn. Yesterday was the best day ever! He hid little surprises throughout the house and text me clues throughout the day while he was at work. The first surprise was a menu for The Roof that he stuck in a picture frame. I actually saw that first thing in the morning before he gave me any clues when I went running. When I came home from running I said, "So we're eating at The Roof tonight?" He was surprised that I noticed it so quickly, but I reminded him that I'm a girl and I notice little things that are different in our house really quickly. The next thing was a gift card to an Italian restaurant in Salt Lake. He hid it in the cooler that we got out for camping a few weeks ago. His clue was that "sometimes it's cool and sometimes it's not." A few hours later I got a text that said "sometimes it's round and sometimes it's flat." That one took me awhile to figure out, but there were some lifesavor gummies hid behind our love sac. Then I got another clue that had something to do with the couch and there was another gift card to a restaurant in Park City under the cushion. The last clue was that "we pitch it." I found Fever Pitch (the first movie we ever watched together) in the bin where we keep our tent. I decided that a guy could get a girl just about anything and she would love it as long as he made a fun little game out of it. If Scott would have just wrapped those things up and gave it to me in a present that morning I would have liked it, but it was a million times better because he made that fun little game of anticipation out of it.
I was so antsy all day because I was so excited to eat at The Roof. I had never been there, but I had been wanting to eat there for a long time. I kept looking at the clock to see if it was time for Scott to come home from work. It was one of those days where I just wanted the time to pass so quickly, but I was too antsy to do anything to pass the time. Know what I mean? Scott finally got home and we took a few pictures with our wedding cake. Good thing we did too because Scott was wearing the new shirt I bought him, and I thought it looked DANG good on him, but apparently Boston did not because he threw up ALL over it right after we finished taking pictures. I was sad that Scott had to change out of his new shirt before dinner because I was really enjoying looking at how good-looking he was in it. I think he learned his lesson though to never play rough with Boston right after he eats.
We had a really yummy and fun dinner at The Roof. Scott even arranged for his mom to meet us in Salt Lake to watch Boston so we could eat alone. Thanks Grandma Heidi! It was really nice to have a hands-free dinner and not have to try to eat while holding a really wiggly baby. Scott and I also realized that we were actually looking at EACH OTHER during dinner instead of Boston. We usually just stare at Boston and laugh at every little thing he does and talk about how cute he is. There was a piano player during dinner and he played a Beauty and the Beast song for us because we were watching Beauty and the Beast when Scott first told me he loved me, and we also went to see the play Beauty and the Beast right before we got married.
When we got home from dinner we watched our wedding video that Scott made with his mad skills. I LOVE watching that video. I could watch it over and over and over. That was the happiest day of my life, and I love remembering how I felt that day.
I was already completely impressed by Scott's anniversay planning, and then he gave me ANOTHER surprise. We are going to spend the weekend at the Red Pine in Park City!! I am SOOO excited. It will be so nice to go up there and relax. Park City is where Scott and I held hands for the first time, where Scott proposed, and where we spent the first night of our honeymoon. So we kind of like Park City.
Thanks Scott for making yesterday the best day ever. You completely exceeded my expectations by FAR! You are now off the hook until anniversary #4! Whew! I bet that feels good huh? Now the pressure is on for me for anniversary #3.
Here are the pictures from the night in really random order!
(I really don't feel like fixing the order right now)
(I really don't feel like fixing the order right now)













1 comment:
Wow Scotty Boy! GOOD JOB! You're right Andrea, he did do way good! I'm glad you had such an awesome 2 yr anniversary. Congratulations!
Post a Comment