Thursday, March 6, 2014

Brody's Blessing Day


On Sunday, March 2nd, Scott gave sweet little Brody his first Priesthood blessing in church. He did a great job, and we are grateful to have the blessings of the priesthood in our family because of Scott. 


Oh my goodness, this picture melts my heart every time I look at it. 



Some of the things Brody was blessed with were that he would enjoy this life, he would have a believing heart, he would gravitate and seek the spirit, he would have courage to follow the spirit, he would love to serve others, he would love to read the scriptures to understand the Father and His plan, he would put his family first and be a great help to his family, and he would honor the priesthood. 


I can feel what a special boy we have been blessed with every time I hold him and look at him. It's very humbling to be his mom. 



Brody was very good during his blessing. He was awake, alert, and calm the whole time. 


He looked so adorable in his little white tux from Grandma Billings and was showered with compliments during church. 


Scott said it's neat as a father to be able to hold your baby during the blessing and almost get a glimpse of who they're going to be. He also said it's special to know that you get to be their dad. 


He said it was fun to hold him up after the blessing and be proud of him. 


After Sacrament meeting was over, we took a few pictures in the lobby before going to the rest of our meetings. 








It's amazing how much I've learned from this little baby already, a lot of it being before he even got here. My testimony of motherhood and it's sacred importance has grown. I've grown in patience, endurance, humility, and gratitude. He's strengthened my testimony of God's timing, God's love, and his desire for me to be happy. Before we got pregnant with Brody, there were a lot of days that were hard, frustrating, and sad. There were some days that my heart felt broken. When I got pregnant, I was so grateful every single day to be pregnant, but feeling so sick and tired for so long wasn't an easy thing.  I wouldn't call those things trials now, but in the moment they sometimes felt like trials. Now when I hold Brody or look at him, I'm constantly reminded that everything we experience in this life is because God wants us to learn and grow, but mostly he wants to bless us. 

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

What a wonderful blessing day and what a beautiful testimony. We are so proud of you and Scott and your darling family. Love you!