Monday, March 3, 2014

2014 Goals

I wanted to start writing our family goals on the blog so we can look back at them each year once the blog is published. It will be fun to see what our goals were in the years to come, and if we accomplished them.

Family Goals

1. Alternate months for mother-son and father-son dates with Boston

2. Two family service projects

3. Two family camping trips and one vacation

4. Family Home Evening every Monday

5. Nightly prayer and scripture study

Andrea's Goals

1. Replace wasteful time (Facebook, TV, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) with more meaningful time (playing with my kids, reading the scriptures, listening to talks, journaling, thinking, pondering, time with Scott, etc.)

2. Do a better job at "showing up" and serving friends in need. I read someone's blog who had gone through a really hard trial and she talked about how a lot of people would text her, or say "let me know if you need anything." What she really needed was for people to just show up. One night someone just showed up on her door step and had dinner with her, and that's what she really needed. I really want to be better at following through with my thoughts to help people. The thought or offer is not enough, I want to act on those thoughts and offers a lot more this year.

3. Run my 10th marathon. I would love to get a PR and run it under 3:37, but I'm not sure if that's realistic for this year, so I'll be happy to finish one under 4 hours. I'm just excited to be running and training for a marathon again!

4. Get my core strong enough to start teaching the CXWORX core class again that I had gotten certified for shortly before I got pregnant.

5. Get ready for bed before I'm too tired to get ready for bed. I have a habit of sitting on the couch and watching TV or doing stuff on the laptop until I'm too tired for a good bedtime routine. Both Scott and I are really trying to get ready for bed earlier so we can read scriptures and say prayers together while we're still conscious. We've been aiming for 9:30 since we're a little sleep deprived with a newborn, but we rarely make it up there by 9:30. At least if we aim for 9:30 we'll make it to bed a lot earlier than we otherwise would. My goal is to be asleep by 10:30.

Boston's Goals

1. Pass off all 13 Articles of Faith. They are doing this in Primary this year. Each week they have the opportunity to try and pass off an Article of Faith. They'll get a surprise once they've completed all of them. Boston has done the first 3 so far. It's cute to see him working hard at this goal and I think it's awesome that he can memorize these Articles of Faith when he can barely pronounce some of the words like atonement and transgressions.

2. Learn to read

3. Tie his shoes

4. Ride his bike with no training wheels

5. Obeying the Rules Better

Scott's Goals

1. He also wants to replace wasteful time with more meaningful time.

2. Be a better homeowner. (Get the weeds in our yard under control, changing the air filters, and being proactive about all the home and yard maintenance.)

3. Create a comprehensive financial plan.

4. Keep a journal once a week.

No comments: