Monday, March 4, 2013

Texas Snow Day

There's nothing like sledding in 70 degree weather! 


Our neighborhood HOA brought in some snow for the kids on Saturday, February 2nd. There was one little area where you could play with the snow, and one area where you could sled down the hill. 


Boston had been looking forward to this day for weeks because the first day they originally had it scheduled, it got cancelled. 


There was quite the line to slide down the little hill, so I waited in it while Boston played in the snow. 


It didn't take long before that patch of snow turned to slush!


(Notice the guy behind Boston wearing shorts?)


I'm glad Boston got to experience a little taste of Winter. Every kid needs to go sledding! He's been before when we went to Utah for Christmas, but he was only two, so he probably doesn't remember it. 







Scott's parents were here visiting during the snow day, and they had just left two feet of snow in Utah, so I'm sure more snow is exactly what they wanted to see!


I've never cared for snow too much, but I'm definitely up for a once a year snow day in 70 degrees, especially when it puts a smile like that on Boston's face. 

No comments: